Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,962   Posts: 1,523,150   Online: 890

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Scratch treatment?

I was printing from some negs taken back in the mid 1970s. Some of them are quite badly scratched. I was wondering whether a treatment for scratched negs is still available? I recall seeing a product called REPOLISAN (made by Tetenal??) for this purpose. It appears that it is no longer available, leastways not in the UK. Does anyone one else market such a product, or is there a formula for the same? Many thanks, BLIGHTY

Shooter
    Medium Format
    [size=1]the all new darkplanet photoblog[/size][size=1]
    [/size]

Shooter
    35mm

No Scratch

I have used Edwal's NO-SCRATCH. It is a viscous liquid one paints on both sides of the negative. It is a bit tricky to work with. A too thick coat shows up as ghosty images on the print. Applied evenly, it seems to work well to save an otherwise nonsalvagable image. Unfortunately, you have to clean the negative afterwards. I use an organic type neg cleaner. I think the NO SCRATCH is pretty well sold at most places that carry processing supplies. Sam

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've never tried it, but many people swear by nose oil.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin