Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,553   Posts: 1,573,138   Online: 769

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    KEK

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My setup for roll paper is cheap and works well. I made a holder for the roll similar to the metal counter type but mine is made from a wooden dowel and plywood for the support stands. I have a small darkroom so I lay a piece of plywood with a wooden yard stick screwed to one edge from my wet side to my dry side. I roll out the paper to the size I want and use a metal door threshold and razor knife to cut. To take the curl out Freestyle sold cardboard mailers up to 24 x 30 with the black inner bag. Cut up what you need a day or two ahead of time and it's all flat when you want it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ROL View Post
    Of course rolls are emulsion in. I didn't mean to suggest that the unrolling itself from the box would injure the emulsion. But dragging large unwieldy widths, of curly paper around sharp cardboard may scratch the emulsion as easily as it can cause flesh paper cuts. Even the freshly cut edge of the (glossy fiber) paper, if allowed to sppring back onto the emulsion side, may injure its surface. The last time I had one in the darkroom, I found that blood neither makes a good developer, nor a consistent toner. As I apparently unsuccessfully attempted to indicate, without writing a multi-page treatise, the method itself works fine at no cost, for occasional use. And feel free to use any cutting implement you wish specific to your unquestionably superior method. There are other options that work as well for others. My objective observations were only to suggest that planning and careful handling of paper are necessary deviations to more carefree sheet paper handling. I in no way meant to disparage a method which so demonstrably works so well for such a sensitive individual.
    Yes, indeed. However, if you re-roll the amount of paper you've pulled out before you cut then you will not have to drag the aforementioned large, unwieldly widths of dangerously curly paper around sharp cardboard where it might have it's gentle emulsion scratched or, god forbid, deliver a paper cut or maybe something worse - I don't know... not to mention keeping the dust off the unexposed sheet of paper.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin