Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,099   Online: 1027

Shooter
    35mm

Develop Movie Film

Hello all, getting back into cine after a long time, I'm shooting 16mm tri-x reversal (the only thing left). I've looked high and low and I can't find any Kodak information on developing times using a rewind tank. I can find lots of conflicting information from various sources, but nothing from the horse's mouth. Please help. Thanks for reading this.

Best regards,
    Chris

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The official Kodak docs on B&W movie film processing of course say the only recommended way to processes it is with a big honkin' machine:

Module 15

But they do have an official doc on rewind processing and spiral reel processing of film that normal goes through a roller transport machine... for aerial film! Perhaps some of the info here would be of use. Both in terms of the best practices for rewind processing, but also inferring the changes in times required for rewind processing vs other methods?

Aerial Film Rewind Processing

This guy has crummy scans of the old Kodak H-7 guide to processing movie film in rewind tanks, so that may help if the film hasn't changed too much since then...

Movie film processing

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Also, while not an official Kodak doc, this site looks to have transcribed a lot of useful historical Kodak info:

Reversal processing home movie film

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm

Its alive, its alive

Thanks for the help, I used the old H-7 instructions, mixed my own D-88 etc.
    The first 100 foot roll came out great! The camera is my old Cine' Kodak Model B which has waited patiently since 1969 for me to resume interest. So people won't think me old fashioned, I'll try my updated model K next.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin