Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,958   Online: 1112

Thread: Efke Aura

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Efke Aura

I have been through two boxes of this stuff and really love it. A wonderful soft focus like film. Has anybody used it with no filtration and if so what kind of film speed in D76 or similar? (I'd rather eat a rock than test film speed so just need a jumping off point) ..Evan Clarke

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Well, what the box says: 100 :-)
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    The boxes are never right, I would like to hear from somebody who is actually doing it, thanks anyway..Evan Clarke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eclarke View Post
    (I'd rather eat a rock than test film speed so just need a jumping off point) ..Evan Clarke
    I agree. I just shoot 1/3 faster (ASA 100 @ 80) and play it from there.

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eclarke View Post
    The boxes are never right, I would like to hear from somebody who is actually doing it, thanks anyway..Evan Clarke
    I did, because I experimented a lot with that film. 100 is fine with D76. With XTol 1:1 it's about 160 with less grain.
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Lots of toe on that film, which I'd expect to cause overestimation of the film speed by normal (e.g. BF+0.1) methods of testing. It has a massive upsweep in the denser part of the HD curve, so your contrast may increase rapidly with a little more exposure. With careful exposure, you can place the upsweep exactly where you want it and get beautiful strong highlights while keeping lots of (flatter) shadow detail.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin