Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,289   Online: 1198

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have had the good fortune to work with the Estate of Andre Kertesz. This has been a real eye opener regarding the world of of collectible photographs. My opinion now is, pencil if possible, and the more info on the back the more the collectors like it. As far as signing on the front, I don't -- I feel like Dave Martini, above, that it can be a distraction. I once had a painting teacher say, "Think of the signature as still another color, and consider it carefully.

Regarding mounting on board, it is strongly frowned upon in most instances. As artists, though, we have the final say, and it may not always be creatively satisfying to follow the dictates of commerce and convention.

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, the OP's question is in regards specifically to signing prints. Mounting and provenance are other (very important) matters.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ROL View Post
    Well, the OP's question is in regards specifically to signing prints. Mounting and provenance are other (very important) matters.

LOVED THIS!

"Even if you do not consider your work to be of particular merit, others may, and for reasons you may not have anticipated – perhaps long after you've passed (see this, or google "Uncle Earl Ansel Adams")."

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The trimmed print is dry mounted. I sign the backing board on the front lower right corner below the image, and my studio stamp with the print title and information is on the back.
    There is no such thing as taking too much time, because your soul is in that picture. -Ruth Bernhard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin