Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,699   Online: 839

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Returned to Film

Having taken the plunge to return to film after some 10 years, can anyone recommend a reliable dev/process house for
    120 roll b&w in the UK?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've seen good reviews for Ilford's services:

http://www.ilfordlab.com/page/57/Bla...-from-Film.htm
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you don't do it yourself you're missing 2/3s of the fun and at least 1/2 the creativity of black and white.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    +1^^^
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome back to film & to APUG!

Send your films to Ilford, but before long you'll be developing yourself.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Steve, believe me I've been developing film and printing for years. I just don't think that developing and printing in my loft are a good idea until winter ends! Not when you consider the long term forecast!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RolleiT View Post
    Steve, believe me I've been developing film and printing for years. I just don't think that developing and printing in my loft are a good idea until winter ends! Not when you consider the long term forecast!
    I am not sure if your forecast is better or our forecast here which give us 35-50C for about 6-8 months and then 15-30C the rest? Full of dusty and humidity forecast to be added as well, if i live in UK/Ireland i will do photography with film in one year that i can't do in my country in 5 years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG! Develop your own film, that's half the fun.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My ambient water temperature coming out of the "cold" faucet was 80F a few weeks ago and ambient solutions were at 76F. I long ago settled on 75 instead of 68 because that usually was either ambient or required warming, not cooling, which for me is much harder to control. Now they're down a few degees, was 73 last rolls I did. I have a CPE2 so heating up a few degrees is simple, cooling not so much. These are moderate compared to, say, Arizona.

I'm guessing you're saying it's too cold there? Usually easy enough to warm up a bit, it's cooling that's harder if the "cold" water isn't cold enough.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RolleiT View Post
    Are we in for a bad winter? Maybe just dev the films at the sink and then print in the Spring? Or send 'em off to Ilford and get 6x4 proofs until the warmer climes return. I'm lucky, my darkroom is under the stairs and it remains remarkably constant in temperature.
    Steve.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin