Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,040   Online: 987

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    My agitation technique is simple - 4 inversions during 10 seconds every minute, with 2 firm taps at the end of each sequence. The tank that I use is 300ml 1 spiral.
    The thing is, I always worked like this, but started getting these "bubbles" only recently. So this scenario with something being built up kind of fits the situation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    do we know for certain that the top of the frame was indeed top of reel in the tank ? for some reason I wanna say it's fungus or something organic. Low developer levels would leave a rather noticeable band of density change. is this fresh film or old and how was it stored ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm hoping it's just scum from photoflo. If that's the case, the gunk can be removed by resoaking your negs and gently wipe them dry with Kimwipes and hung in a dust free place to dry.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aleckurgan View Post
    My agitation technique is simple - 4 inversions during 10 seconds every minute, with 2 firm taps at the end of each sequence. The tank that I use is 300ml 1 spiral.
    The thing is, I always worked like this, but started getting these "bubbles" only recently. So this scenario with something being built up kind of fits the situation.
    Do you agitate continuously for the first whole minute though? 'cos you're meant to.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How old are the negatives? I have some with density loss like that that from the 80s from improper fixing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It is strange. I have to go with the fungus theory if the film is old and/or poorly stored. They look like fungus that developed on my 25yo XP1 negs. Did you try to wipe it off? Is it only 35mm? Do you have some 120 film to try?
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when
    they do it from religious conviction." -- Blaise Pascal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin