Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,813   Online: 731

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider View Post
    I'm in southern Florida so bagged and refrigerated is the way to go. I'll probably roll off as many canisters as I can and freeze those, then use what's in the stored loader first.

I want a new loader so would the cheap Lloyd be fine or should I go with the Arista? I'm not a heavy user.
    I've never liked the Lloyd because of the felt light trap. Once a bit of grit gets in it then the film will be scratched.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    35mm
    One subtle item came up a few years ago in the Cinematography.com mail list. It is not uncommon for hobby cinematographers to use Short ends (film left over from a commecial production, in rolls left offer after a shot) The late John P from Kodak mentioned that film that has been left out like that may have more moisture in it than when it left the factory, and that might cause ice formation which would look like grain.

He said their is no problem with freezing film as shipped from the factory with the seal (tape) still on the cans, but that he would hesitate to freeze a roll that has spent a day in a camera magazine before being packed away as a short end or a recan.

John P was the follow who literally wrote the books on Movie lab operations (LAD system) so He is probaly in the same expert class as our own PE.

SINCE then I have been only using the fridge for bulk loaded rolls. I also use zipper freezer bags for any film in the fridge or freezer. My fridge sometimes gets a LOT of condensation, and I was getting some "growing stuff" on the packaging, I have not encoutered any on the film itself, but I am a touch obsessive about sealing stuff up.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Its meat and drink to me!

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin