Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,936   Posts: 1,585,620   Online: 755

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Acros 120?

Shooter
    Multi Format

Acros 120?

What's the real word? This morning I received a reply to an email to Adolph Gasser (SF) regarding availability of Acros in 120 format stating "Fuji Discontinued ALL 120 Black white film just about 2 years ago"

I was a bit surprised. I know 120 Acros became available only in 5-packs instead single rolls a while back. I bought some locally (Beau Photo, Vancouver Canada) early in the past summer. Freestyle, B&H, and Glazer's both claim stock as does Henry's in Canada. Beau is out of stock in 120, but has some on order and expect it "in the next week or so". Adorama claims backordered.

I could not find Acros or any B/W films on the Fuji websites. (I did see it on the UK Fuji site, but the page carried a 2005 copyright notice...)

Can anybody shed some light on the real state of Acros. Am I just getting "old stock" these days?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't see any product discontinuation notices since the FP-3000B45 notice a little while ago. Acros is still listed on the monochrome film page: http://fujifilm.jp/personal/filmandc...rome/film.html

http://fujifilm.jp/personal/jan/mono...?pSch501010101

B&H, Freestyle, et al seem to have it in stock.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think they just discontinued the Neopan 400 in 120.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They only discontinued Neopan 400 in 120 "about 2 years ago". AFAIK Acros is still current. I am an Acros user and I'll be very sad if they discontinue that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is available, I sell it in my shop. Feel free to call/e-mail me if you would like to order some. Adolph Gasser must be going crazy. They sell it, too. For almost twice as much as me. HA HA.

matt AT glasskeyphoto.com
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just received an order of ACROS in 120 today from B&H

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's related to the NEOPAN-400 demise a while back.... It's all gone now, and 120 versions of ACROS is only available in 5 packs anymore.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I'm shooting more Acros than anything else at the moment. I hope Fuji keeps it around for a while. :\ Their attitude towards film the last few years has me on edge.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Legge View Post
    I'm shooting more Acros than anything else at the moment. I hope Fuji keeps it around for a while. :\ Their attitude towards film the last few years has me on edge.
    Really! Just to be safe, I'm using more and more Kodak film. Kodak has been around, like, FOREVER! What could possibly go wrong?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The main reason a lot of places got confused is that Fuji switched Acros 120 from single rolls to Pro-Packs. So if the person doing ordering is not on top of things, the deleted/no longer available catalog number will lead to the wrong idea that the film has been discontinued. Just my thinking on the subject.

As for the long term, Acros seems to be doing fine. I have been ordering quite a bit lately and each time I am getting stock with really good dating. When a film continually has the same exp date it can be a first clue.
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin