Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,199   Posts: 1,531,469   Online: 872

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Like I said... voodoo. I would be happy with 3 frames out of 36 at this point. The film arrived, the sun did not. Perhaps tomorrow. This is worse than an elementary school crush :-|

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Haha =)

But the drawing was nice though, liked, voted and shared to facebook ^^
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Copperein the filter I use which is the only one I own is a 720nm.
    Anyway, I can't stress enough how the 'trick' applied, has very little scientific basis and was only tryed by a troubled mind (my own...) out of frustration...

The camera used is a 1938 6x9 balda super pontura (trioplan lens).

This winter I will try a bit of DIY and try to make a filter holder for my lightmeter (which I didn't use...), and get a bit more scientific...

As the other posters (which are surely more experienced than myslef), have stated above midsummer is the best time to shoot.

Thank you for your generous remarks about the samples.

Good luck!

Please show some samples as soon as you get some!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    By the way, have you read this article/review?
    http://www.markcassino.com/b2evoluti...st_impressions
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperrein View Post
    And another random question: Is digital IR photography (sensor mod or conversion in software later) REALLY IR photography? From what I've read film responds to different wavelengths and responds differently to said wavelegths than digital sensors. Would it be safest to say that digital IR will never equal traditional and digital IR is it's own thing?
    I don't see how an equivalent effect could be "done in software" because without removing the IR filter from the sensor, there is basically no information recorded from the IR portion of the spectrum. Modifying the sensor can work, but last I heard much about that, it cost something like $250 to modify the camera and effectively void your warranty (and I don't have another camera to fall back on).

My previous IR work was in 19-ought-65 with 4x5 negatives, so I got warm fuzzies working with film.

On the page I linked to above, there is one shot taken with an unmodified EOS 40D through a 760 nM filter; a grande experiment in "well, since I have it." I had to dynamite it out of the mud with a photo editor and it was a 17 second (at f4) exposure in bright sun -- not all that handy! But yes, there is some IR effect.

As to other comments, a little staring through my loupe suggests the EFKE film is grainier than the Rollei. I'm flattered by the comments, but as to "smoothness," the IR shots I have in my gallery are all medium format. There's no substitute for negative area!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin