Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,691   Posts: 1,482,388   Online: 823

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

ilford 300 art - what's it like?

Has anyone tried this paper? I like dektol and ilford pearl but want something a with a tiny bit warmer base and less plastic-y feel to the finish. Curious what the general consensus is. Also, will it fog with amber safe lights turned on?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just bought a pack to replace Foma Chamois as an alternative and I am dying to try it. Thomas Bertilsson was the one that recommended it to me and I know he had a lot of great things to say about it. I'm sure he will stop by and comment.

ps. I think red is the recommended safelight.
    Sourdough, salami and blue cheese... and 2 dogs drooling with such sad, sad eyes. ... they're working me... they know I'll cave!

APUG Portfolio

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is a thread that has been going on for some time. It contains quite a lot of information.

Karl-Gustaf

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/8...rt-300-fb.html
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

www.heliochroma.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rphenning View Post
    Has anyone tried this paper? I like dektol and ilford pearl but want something a with a tiny bit warmer base and less plastic-y feel to the finish. Curious what the general consensus is. Also, will it fog with amber safe lights turned on?
    Ilford Pearl is RC paper, and as such, will have a plasticky feel, just like all RC papers. Ilford 300 art is a fiber paper, and like all fiber papers, will not have that issue.

If you want something similar in texture to Pearl, but in fiber, I would not go with this paper -- it's definitely textured! There have been some examples in the gallery recently. It is a great paper, with a nice white base, and dries extremely flat. But if you want to try fiber that has a similar finish to RC Pearl, I think most other glossy fiber papers would be a better choice (Pearl is meant to replicate the fiber glossy look). I personally like the Foma MG 131 and 132 papers for regular printing.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, Fomatone MG 131 and 132 are great papers!

Greetz,

Роберт
    My favorite store: http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin