Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,215   Online: 934

Shooter
    Large Format

Oriental fiber emulsion peels off

I just had a weird experience and I'm wondering if anyone else had has the same - I'm trying out Oriental fibre paper for the first time (not first time with fibre) and after exposing, before putting it in the developer, one corner of emulsion peeled apart from the paper.

I bought the paper from a camera store that has turned mainly digital, so the paper has been sitting for a while. Is this a result of it being old? Going to check the rest of the paper before I return it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like defective paper.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've used a lot of Oriental VC FB and never had anything like that happen.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    I've used a lot of Oriental VC FB and never had anything like that happen.
    +1
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree with PE. You can try to return the stuff or experiment with it. Emulsion stripping and remounting on other surfaces can render some impresive results. My personal taste is stretched on canvas for a "painted" effect, coloring optional of course.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin