Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,954   Posts: 1,522,788   Online: 958

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Go with HC110 or D-76.

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Is dissolving powder such a battle?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think DDX is excellent. Used two bottles of it several months ago and the negs are beautiful. If it weren't for the steep price I'd gladly use it as my main developer.

On the other hand, I also can't see what's so difficult with dissolving powder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love Rodinal - but for HP5+ I use HC110: so another vote for HC110

Shooter
    35mm
    I haven't tried it, but I understand the Sprint film developer, which is liquid, gives results very similar to D-76/ID 11. I came across an old review of Sprint system chemicals in, I think, Camera and Darkroom. I have used Sprint's liquid paper developer and rapid fixer and am satisfied with both.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm sold on Pyrocat HD, also. Have been using the same bottle(s) for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    I always have D-76 on hand, I don't get why so many people have problems mixing powders, mixing it ain't rocket science and it keeps quite well if stored properly. For liquid developers I use Rodinal(APH09) and Pyrocat-HD. Both have extensivly long shelf lives and are easy to use. They all have their special "look" and produce excellent negatives when used for the right reason.
    duane

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by presspass View Post
    I haven't tried it, but I understand the Sprint film developer, which is liquid, gives results very similar to D-76/ID 11. I came across an old review of Sprint system chemicals in, I think, Camera and Darkroom. I have used Sprint's liquid paper developer and rapid fixer and am satisfied with both.
    it is a great developer ... !
    ask me how ..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    If you have been using ID-11 then you will like HC-110 as it produces very similar results. The concentrate keeps for years. Most people dilute the concentrate directly so you will need a small graduate say 10 to 25 ml. I use a dilution of 1+49 and really like the results.
    That wasn't what we found when we tested them a few years ago, we found HC-110 gave larger grain and a slight drop in film speed. That's what Kodak indicate as well in there data (and still do).

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Guys I'm probably going to end up going with the HC-110 and I'm going to get some Rodinal to try as well.

I just need to get some more bottles now. The prices here are ludicrous.

MILK

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    while a valid question, it will get you no closer to an answer as there will so many choices to figure out.... Everyone has their own pet brew, but it could end up causing you too much heartburn. If you know ID-11, why change?
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin