Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,900   Posts: 1,555,786   Online: 859

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    That wasn't what we found when we tested them a few years ago, we found HC-110 gave larger grain and a slight drop in film speed. That's what Kodak indicate as well in there data (and still do).

Ian
    Until recently, Kodak literature said little about the differences between general-purpose film developers. However, the 2001 Kodak Professional Photographic Catalog contains a comparison chart.

Compared to D-76, this chart indicates that HC-110 (dilution B) produces:

o Slightly less shadow detail or true film speed;
    o Slightly finer grain;
    o Slightly lower acutance.

Apparently, HC-110 has somewhat more solvent action than D-76, but less than Xtol.

Opinions differ about the effect of HC-110 on grain. Some photographers report coarser grain than with D-76; others report finer grain. This is probably a function of dilution and agitation.

Opinions also differ regarding acutance, since many photographers report that HC-110 produces high acutance, especially at high dilutions. This is a function of solvent action, which is reduced by diluting the developer.

The above quote is from the Covington HC-110 website. The unitalicized portion is directly from Kodak literature.

It appears that one's opinion seems to depend on the dilution used. I have always been very happy with the results that I get with HC-110.

Jerry
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Joooorsh View Post
    So I'm looking for a developer liquid developer. I have some lc-29 atm and was wondering how long it will keep once mixed to 1+29 solution and then stored on an air/light tight bottle?
    i still have a bit of seasoned lc 29 concentrate (opened in 2009) and it's still active, also stored in a half filled bottle... i just use it like rodinal, one shot.

Preference for reccomendations would be something I can mix and keep in an appropriate bottle and reuse over a period of a few weeks if necessary. Or which I can male a 1.5L batch of and siphon bits off from without turning.
    i also vote for HC-110 or Aculux

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin