Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,333   Online: 695

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Note Taking

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I only take notes for difficult prints- if there's an inordinate amount of dodging/burning, split filtering, etc. I use a separate piece of paper for the notes. To keep track of the different prints, I clip off a 1/16th inch off of a specific corner- i.e. Print 1-top left, Print2-top right, etc. (I always print with a 1 inch border all around, so the clip has no effect on a mounted image).
    It works for me...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Bill:

I get an "Invalid Color Space" error code when I attempt to download (and potentially 'borrow') your form.

EDIT: and now it comes out fine???
    Sometimes PDF's will do that when opened directly into a browser, refresh usually makes them appear fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The key to darkroom work is standardization and consistency. Once you take the paper out of the easel, everything from there to a dry print should be exactly the same every time... no variation.

So all you need keep track of is information regarding the exposure and manipulation in the enlarger. I find a regular steno pad works well for that.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I do something like Bethe does, a little more elaborate. I keep notes on a separate paper, numbering each successive print - 1, 2, 3, etc, by the notes and on the back bottom corner of each print. This way, the only thing I have to write is what changes from the previous print. After the "recipe" is finalized, I enter it into my database, along with a scan of the final 8x10 print. I've enclosed a pdf of a sample record, you can see where I have also recorded the 16x20 times also. (This particular image is 2 negs mounted side by side).
    The Dbase also has shooting and developing information, you can see the three fields on the right side. I can look up any image by film and developer type (orange area near the top right) to research another roll taken later.
    This database is done in Filemaker Pro, and as I've offered before, I will email an empty shell for anyone who would like to use it. You need at least FMPro v7
    Attached Files

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I used to make exposure notes for both film and paper. Then I realised that I never referred to them so I don't bother now.

Steve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin