Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,271   Posts: 1,534,470   Online: 1126

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Technidol - WTF?

Can anybody explain why Technidol would be selling for such high prices on ebay? A few months ago I was trolling the back room of a local camera store here and found a few packages of Technidol (the little box with blister packs of liquid concentrate inside). The store wanted $2 so I bought them for sentimental value.

I don't know, I thought expired developer would be worthless. I wonder how old this stuff would be anyway. I can remember as late as the early 90s I would buy Technidol in boxes that had little glass bottles of concentrate instead of these blister packs. Anyhow I was going to throw these little boxes away when I recently saw a classified post on here asking >$100/box. Then I checked ebay and saw some similar prices. WTF? You can make your own POTA for dirt cheap, and that's pretty much all Technidol is. It was never that good a developer anyway.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Like anything discontinued by Kodak, the trolls will convince idiots they have to have it at an outrageous price. After all. if it costs that much, it must be worth buying.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Had a similar situation. I found a bulk roll of Tech Pan in a closet, probably 20+ years old. Thought, if I could find some developer, I'd give it a try. Several months ago I found a few of the blister packs of Technidol on Amazon. Quite reasonable, so I bought it. Looked again recently and, like the OP, only found some at pretty stupid prices.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Technidol doesn't really go bad, on account of the fact that it's sealed in oxygen-free packets. I've used 15 year old Technidol with good results. That being said, I picked up that developer for $6 about a year ago ($12 sticker, and 50% off for being expired), gave 5 packets away, and used the last one to develop a roll of Tech Pan I won in a contest. Now I wish I'd have waited and sold each packet for enough to make 10 gallons of POTA.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just buy it from the Photographer's Forumulary.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you are looking for some, I've seen some recently at regular prices on the shelf in Vancouver. I just can't remember which of two stores it was .

It was either Lens & Shutter on Broadway, or Leo's Cameras on Granville.

I'm sure they would ship to Montreal.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an unopened package of Kodak Tri-Chem-Pak here. Anyone want it for $10,000.

I also have an unopened package of Kodak Matrix Film developer part A! Wow. $10,000 for that too!

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have a few twin-packets of "Kodak photo-fix", Cat 153 1011. One mixes both packets together to make 7 quarts of fixer.

Yours for $5 each plus shipping! Not really, though I am curious if it would still be any good.

Vaughn, who has some Technidol but you can't have it...
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I have an unopened package of Kodak Tri-Chem-Pak here. Anyone want it for $10,000.

I also have an unopened package of Kodak Matrix Film developer part A! Wow. $10,000 for that too!

PE
    WOW!

I think my dad has a few unopened rolls of H&W Control. $10,000/each! He also has an unopened Kodak blotter roll

Thanks to everyone who responded. Anyhow maybe I'll just put my Technidol on ebay for a ridiculous price and see what happens. I never thought Technidol/Tech Pan was any good anyway. But let's not get into the document film nonsense in this thread. I wonder what other junk I can come up with? I'm pretty sure I have a box from some 1970s Rodinal somewhere (no developer, just the box ).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've got several bags of kodak ektanol warmtone developer in my darkroom,does anyone expect the price of this stuff to sky-rocket?I've got some kodalith too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin