Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,303   Online: 938

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Toning after bleach and re-fix?

Hi all, a question. I want to increase the contrast of a print by using Fotospeed Sepia kit bleach by lightening the highlights. However, I want to sepia tone the prints afterwards. If I were to put the print in a bath of toner, the silver will still be there and will be redeveloped to silver sulfide as you know. If I were to re-fix the print after the bleaching step, stripping away some of the silver would the print bleach and tone thereafter? I haven't tried this before so would be grateful of some help. Cheers, Gareth.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You could bleach-fix-bleach-tone. You do the first bleach very lightly to increase contrast. The second bleach is for toning. It should work fine. Be careful with the first bleach+fix. It's not reversible after you fix it ;-).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cheers, guessed it would be ok. Will try it on a duff print first.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin