Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,660   Posts: 1,481,536   Online: 1091

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Ilfosol? How long?

I trashed a roll of 400 speed Ilford HP5+ when I forgot to check and see how long the Ilfosol had been sitting around. How do you decide when to toss out the old chemicals? I think that is one of the advantages of Rodinal. It sits on my shelf for months without me worrying about how fresh it is.
    Luke

To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.

Georgia O'Keefe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When trying to work out the storage times and all that stuff, I just went to the Ilford website and pulled out the tech data sheets. They give all of the pertinent info for how and how long you can store chemistry.
    After I mix developer, I store it in a cool dry place after having dated it.

Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I buy chemicals I write the date I bought it on the container with a permanent marker. When I open it, I write "Opened" then the date I opened it on the other side. I like Ilfosol, but the darned stuff is like dust in the wind!!! If you are not shooting a lot, it goes south pretty quick. I think 6 months is tops for it. I keep the open bottle 'squeezed up' as much as I can & really ream the lid down!
    Hope this helps some!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I wrecked a roll of film with Ilfosol going south once as well. That was all it took for me. It wasn't opened that long at all. I have since gone to Ilfotec HD and find it keeps allot longer. Looking forward to the 6th!!
    "EVERY film and paper is good .......... for something"
    Phil Davis

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin