Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,228   Online: 1034

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 39 7/8 shots

Shooter
    35mm
    Gee, What do I have to do to get free film?

As for the half frames, some colour film comes as 12 exp rolls which should give about 26 exposures. At ome point there was a "commercial" Kodacolor, which was aimed at folks like real estate people and the like which was a 5 exposure roll. The theory was they could take a cople of shots of the house and get prints back without waiting for the end of the roll.

I think under 24 exp, the cost of the packaging and the work of developing "A" roll would make it more expensive to make smaller rolls.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    35mm
    I never watch the counter, though I try to because I only want 36 frames from a cassette. That way I get all the frames on a standard contact sheet. 37 is hopeless, I have an orphan frame and don't know what to do with it, and it may be that elusive winner. How do I stop my Nikon F80 bodies taking that 37th frame that I don't want? Presumably re-wind kicks in when resistance to winding is sensed by the camera. Why can't I have a custom setting that says rewind when 36 frames have been taken, or resistance to winding is felt.
    Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by youngrichard View Post
    I never watch the counter, though I try to because I only want 36 frames from a cassette. That way I get all the frames on a standard contact sheet. 37 is hopeless, I have an orphan frame and don't know what to do with it, and it may be that elusive winner. How do I stop my Nikon F80 bodies taking that 37th frame that I don't want? Presumably re-wind kicks in when resistance to winding is sensed by the camera. Why can't I have a custom setting that says rewind when 36 frames have been taken, or resistance to winding is felt.
    Richard
    Just waste your first two shots.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    (drum roll) ... and the winner of the Ebenezer Scrooge Award for 2011 is ...
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 10-27-2011 at 08:14 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can press the early rewind button... I know I rarely do unless I haven't started the roll but we can do it
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is it bad etiquette to just slide the extra few frames behind another roll? Because thats what I have been doing lol

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by youngrichard View Post
    I never watch the counter, though I try to because I only want 36 frames from a cassette. That way I get all the frames on a standard contact sheet.
    Switch to Canon? Almost all of the EOS film cameras will auto rewind at 36. (darn annoying as I end up with 6 inches of perfectly good unused film at the end of most rolls.)

Previously when I used a Pentax MX and A Ricoh KR-5, I got in the habbit of using the contact sheet holders that have 7 strips of 6 negatives. These DO require a bigger sheet to contact, but that is ok if you keep the sheets in a binder. I still use them and normally just have a empty channel when I use the Canon.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post
    Switch to Canon? Almost all of the EOS film cameras will auto rewind at 36. (darn annoying as I end up with 6 inches of perfectly good unused film at the end of most rolls.)

Previously when I used a Pentax MX and A Ricoh KR-5, I got in the habbit of using the contact sheet holders that have 7 strips of 6 negatives. These DO require a bigger sheet to contact, but that is ok if you keep the sheets in a binder. I still use them and normally just have a empty channel when I use the Canon.
    If you buy one of the Canon EOS cameras that winds to the end first, and then rewinds the film one shot length each time you shoot, I believe you can achieve what you want by just wasting shots at the beginning until you reach 36.

The Rebel 2000 is one example.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    If you buy one of the Canon EOS cameras that winds to the end first, and then rewinds the film one shot length each time you shoot,.
    The Higher end ones (the ones that don't have "rebel" in the name) in general shoot form the start of the roll, but will stop at 36 exposures no mater what.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin