Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,533   Posts: 1,572,706   Online: 803

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Rollei RETRO 80S and/or Rollei Superpan 200 in Tetenal Ultrafin, anyone?

Hi

Just purchased 5 rolls of each to use for a little of this and that (some IR, some not).
    Currently I have Rodinal dev and a bottle of Tetenal Ultrafin.

Beacuse the shelf-life of the Tetenal is shorter (and that I am currently experimenting with films and devs), and my later plans are to use these films for IR, I am looking to develop these films in Tetenal Ultrafin.
    - My experience so far, is that Ultrafin makes quite a difference in the grain department, compared to caffenol and Rodinal. (though caffenol-c-l and tetenal ultrafin are similar in grain with ie. Polypan-F).

Problem:The massive dev chart doesn't have much information regarding these films and Tetenal Ultrafin. Internet search was also more or less fruitless (only found a similar thread in Polish, which stated 1:10 for 9 minutes came out "good").

Anyone with experience and/or tips on how to approach this? (I'd rather not bungle roll after roll of 120 film due to the expense).

-
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've now done a few searches on line and found a few hints on where to place the initial trials for 80s in Tetenal Ultrafin.
    Will post the results from Rollei Retro 80s @ Ei 80, Tetenal Ultrafin 1:20 for 11 minutes @ 20 degrees, once I've tested it.

Additionally, there exists a datasheet at macodirect, listing several developer-combinations with this film here:
    http://macodirect.de/download/Rollei_RETRO80S_TA_dt.pdf

I know this thread is indexed by google, so I'll leave any information i find in this thread

Anyone with more information, feel free to chip in
    -

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi,

I had problem with Retro 80s in Rodinal: shadows details were weak. I guess next time I will expose it at iso 50.

regards,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    RR80S E.I. 50 in Calbe A49 is pretty good. In CG-512/RLS (24C) also but E.I. 32-40 only. In Rodinal you will have a pronounced S-curve hence the problem in shadows/highlights.
    But the grain is increadible small for this film. In Tetenal Ultrafin, no idea what can come out......
    My favorite store: http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Rollei Retro 80S 135 @ 40ASA, Tetenal Ultrafin Liquid 1:30, 11 minutes @ 20°C, agitation every 30 seconds

Rollei Retro 80S 135 @ 40ASA, Rodinal 1:100, 15 minutes @ 20°C, agitation every 2 minutes

80S and rest of the line are ok for near IR. I might scan some shots next week.
    as of 2011, Efke 820Aura is the only film for IR
    Heres a one, Efke 820 Aura 135 @ ~ 1 ASA in Tetenal Ultrafin Liquid 1:20, 10 minutes @ 20°C, agitation every 30 seconds

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    FED NKVD, FEOOG, Rollei Retro 80S 135 as IR @ ~ 5ASA, Tetenal Ultrafin Liquid 1:30, 10 minutes @ 20°C, agitation every minute.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Amazing shots georg16nik
    =)

The Efke aura was really nice, I am looking forward trying that one out too (I have 5 rolls of both aura and non-aura)
    -

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thanks, heres one more, same day, same light!
    FED NKVD, FEOOG, Rollei Retro 80S 135 as IR @ ~ 5ASA, Tetenal Ultrafin Liquid 1:30, 10 minutes @ 20°C, agitation every minute.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    Hi,

I had problem with Retro 80s in Rodinal: shadows details were weak. I guess next time I will expose it at iso 50.

regards,
    Rollei 80S with a red filter on exposed @64 and put into a semi-stand bath in R09 1:100 for 40 minutes looks like that:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	droh1.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	41261
    Last edited by hobbes; 11-07-2011 at 05:01 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    cheers
    Dominik
    http://distantmoon.pl

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Rollei Retro 80S 135 @ ~ 40, Tetenal Ultrafin Liquid 1:30, 11 minutes @ 20°C, slow agitation every 30 seconds

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin