Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,655   Posts: 1,481,397   Online: 1070

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Tri-X 320 development issue?

The first few rolls of Tri-X 320 I developed have a clear base. The last roll has a very light grey maybe a little pinkish tint. I'm wondering what the causes could be. I been developing and washing the same way. D76 1:1 12.5 minutes. Acid stop bath. Kodak rapid fixer for 10 minutes constant agitation. 3 minutes in HCA with constant agitation. And wash for 5 minutes.

Thanks
    Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been using the 4x5 version of TX320 for 70 sheets now. I had one run of six sheets that was a bit pink, did not really see it until I pulled them out of the dry area. i've rewet, refixed and rewashed again, they look better. Might be worth doing. To my fault, I stretch my fixer way to long, until I see something like this, then I do a new batch.
    Lee

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I second Lee's comment.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Pink negs = not enough fixer. I get that with TMax films, which I've found need double the 'normal' fixing time (YMMV)
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin