Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,675   Posts: 1,481,935   Online: 1095

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Is there an easy way to enlarge BW negs?

I'm wondering is there's a film that will allow me to enlarge small BW negs? It would be nice if the film could be used like BW paper where I can use an enlarger and Dektol to soup it. Is there such a film that comes in 8x10 and 11x14 sheets?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    There's x-ray duplicating film, from Photo warehouse, or from medical supply places such as zzmedical

Mark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is a little off subject but you may want to try this for fun. Mount you negative (or positive slide) upside down in your carrier. Then print it to RC paper with no watermark or writting on the back of the paper. Develop the RC paper as usual but used dilute developer or Film developer to keep contrast down. When the RC paper is developed and dry use it for contact prints. Emulsion to emulsion.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Also rememeber there are some direct positve B&W enlarging papers out there.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markos View Post
    There's x-ray duplicating film, from Photo warehouse, or from medical supply places such as zzmedical

Mark

if the xray dup film you are talking about is the direct positive dup film ...
    it takes a ton of light and isn't really the kind of thing that can be enlarged onto
    it is slow enough that it takes negative to negative contact print ( on the film )
    and a 300W flood light to expose it !

the OP is better off making a paper neg. to contact print -

have fun
    john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for all the responses. I've made d_gital negs with OHP film and they're ok. I'm just curious how analog copy negs are.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    sorry but you can enlarge onto direct dupe film...it will take from 2:30 to 4 min for the exposure;depending on source brightness......
    then use HC-110 @1:3@75 degrees for about 2-3 minutes...well you get the idea...I have done this with 35mm negs up to 5x7negs...some of the winter scenes on my website are enlarged from 35mm negs and then printed in palladium
    best,peter
    website down for maintenance!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm interested in doing this as well, but I was thinking of developing my small films as positives (develop, bleach, re-expose, develop) and then use my enlarger to enlarge negatives on ortho film..

Ortho film is what you want, it's not sensitive to red light(like photo paper), so you can work with it in a lit darkroom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I bought a 100' roll of 35m direct dupe film for $2 to fiddle with, and found it's effective iso rating to be in the range of 0.12.

It is not an enlargement type product. Think more to using slide duper with this film, with multiple pops of a rather powerful flash in fromt of the neg in the slide holder.
    my real name, imagine that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin