Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,733   Posts: 1,515,335   Online: 962

Shooter
    Medium Format

Ilford Multigrade Art 300

I just ordered a box of 8x10 and 11x14 to try from B&H and remembered reading that it is about a stop slower than Ilford FB Warmtone paper.

Can anyone confirm that this is in the right ballpark. I have my RH designs Analyser Pro dialed in with Warmtone and want to start using this paper ASAP.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have never tried Art 300, but I am using the Zone Master. Don't you need to calibrate with a few test strips for the best result anyway?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by vyshemirsky View Post
    I have never tried Art 300, but I am using the Zone Master. Don't you need to calibrate with a few test strips for the best result anyway?
    Yes, I usually calibrate all of my papers but I feel like I'm a kid in a candy store and just want to start using it when it arrives in 2 days as I have some negatives that I want to print badly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    So, according to the datasheet it must be the same sensitivity and the same contrast range as the warmtone FB paper. So, your current Analyser setup must be a good starting point.
    I would still run a proper calibration procedure if I was you, just to make sure I'm getting the best out of it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin