Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,726   Online: 962

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No, you need to shoot it. I'll send you some Btaz if you need some. I think you'll have a blast with the stuff. Maybe a pano 35mm pinhole cam for fun.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When you guys are using benzotriazole to tame age fog is there a particular developer family that works better with this or does the btaz work equally well save maybe a pyro based dev?

I know that HC110 is supposed to aid in restraining fog but maybe not as well as adding btaz to another type dev???

Maybe I should delve into my library and see what I can learn about restrainers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Now I need to build a panoramic pinhole.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    Now I need to build a panoramic pinhole.
    Me too. I think this was the excuse I needed to do that.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I never get too exotic in developers when trying to tame fog with old film with benzotriazole.

I usually use it with just d-76 striaght, or 1:1, or with fx37 1:3, if I don't have any d-76 mixed up.
    I find old film looses speed, and sometimes needs a lot of time to get any sort of reasonable contrast.
    I am working my way though some early 60's ferrania pan 120 that now performs well as iso 12 or 25, with a few mL of 1% BTZ (i never heard it called btaz, but, heh, each abreviation to one's own) and needs almost 18' in straight d-76 to yield negs that print well. thge worst part of the stuff is the curn is by now unbeleivable.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    thge worst part of the stuff is the curn is by now unbeleivable.
    curn=corn=grain???
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One of my usual typos.
    I meant to say curl.

I have a fast two finger syle on the keyboard.

I graduated in the dwindling days of when a sharp pencil, sharp mind and large blank piece of paper was the means that skill in design was expressed in my engineering field.

So I have never been an adept touch typist, even though most of my work day today is spent pecking out reports, scheduled, cost estimates and tracking reports.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Here's an image that I made with some of this stuff. I'd rate it at 250. I use a semi stand in Dektol 1 gram of Dektol / 100 ml H2O. Agitate 30 sec and walk away from it for 7 min. I have a gazillion feet of it in a freezer at work. Never played with it again. Not my thang I guess.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Memorys of shop class many years ago in that image, Jim.

How I was always reminding myself to remeber the backlash when moving the table on the milling machine before the next cutter pass.

If you dial in too far, back well off and dial in again, because just backing up a bit to the desired mark will not put you where you want to be!!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    Memorys of shop class many years ago in that image, Jim.

How I was always reminding myself to remeber the backlash when moving the table on the milling machine before the next cutter pass.

If you dial in too far, back well off and dial in again, because just backing up a bit to the desired mark will not put you where you want to be!!
    Ours has a Bausch & Lomb digital read out that gives Pos and Neg X and Y's. That's old school now as I think most folks have them hooked up to a computer. Wish I had it at home.

A little more about your film; The thin Estar (Kodak's trademark name for polyester) base is so it can zing through a high speed movie camera at incredible speeds. We have cameras that can make 360 images on film per second. That's pin registered, which means it stops in the gate, registration pins come in and hold it, the pins go back out after the shutter goes by, and pull downs advance it 4 perfs. and that happens 360 times in a second. Awesome machines that will never be used again. It sort of breaks my heart. Normal 4 mil film bases can't do that.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin