Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,504   Posts: 1,543,470   Online: 944

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One of the alternative names for QuCh is meletin. I think I have seen that mentioned before as a weak developing agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    Alan, I told you about it as a developing agent if you recall.

It isn't difficult to dissolve, you need to look at other solvents that aren't simply just water. Such as acetone, dimethyl sulphoxide, and ethyl acetate (which you should be able to easily make a mix of with ethanol, which also has some solubility, though not as high as these)
    I only said I was the first to use the water soluble Quercetin Chalcone, it made a working developer.
    AFAIK the original suggestion to use Quercetin (which put me onto the chalcone) has not yet resulted in a working developer formula.I hope it does eventually progress beyond theory.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    very interesting

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Alan: I have not seen you say such a thing anywhere, what I have seen you say is that no one has heard of it before because you discovered/found it and am only now telling people about it.

I had already made a working developer with it months beforehand, as I said the information on the blog post I first gave out was a recount of the very first time I stumbled onto it while trying to do something else entirely, I gave the information out because I wish to see progress made quicker than what I can possibly do on my own. All this information can be found there on the thread.

I do not wish to be rude, because you have done a fair few good things, but I do feel like this needs saying.

You have since published much more and experimented with it more in this context than I or anyone else has since that thread which is good, but this is after the fact.

That aside which is not important or central to this point, what you actually said was "You never heard of it as a developer because I just found it." in response to someone saying they had never heard of this before. Adding on chalcone to the end of it doesn't suddenly make it unique or different idea. Nor were you ever looking into that independently anyway. Their response wasn't "oh well I've heard of quercetin before, but not quercetin chalcone", it was complete unfamiliarity with the entire thing.

It may sound petty and egotistical but I do I take issue with it as I really dislike this kind of thing as I feel it is a dishonest thing to say.

Because you never 'just found it', you were told about it's capability as a developing agent. The ketone form of quercetin, quercetin chalcone comes under the umbrella quercetin, as do all it's forms, as I can tell you my organic extract is likely to be a sugar form, and not straight quercetin, the idea of it as a developing agent was already disseminated in that thread, using the given knowledge of it as a developing agent and googling up solubility data and ways to solubilise the chemical does not constitute 'just finding it'.

If the link to the photo.net thread given in the first post is followed it is perfectly obvious that my use of quercetin chalcone to make a working developer derives from the results of Dan Lee with quercetin.
    I would like to see some results from Mr Lee.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm interested in natural sources of developers & read that shallot onions are a good source of quercetin...does anyone know of other natural sources of quercetin?

While you guys take the more sophisticated approach, I'm going to run to the store to get a shallot and a red onion...then toss them in the blender and see what happens.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkroomExperimente View Post
    I'm interested in natural sources of developers & read that shallot onions are a good source of quercetin...does anyone know of other natural sources of quercetin? ...
    The name is often a hint. I'm willing to bet that "Quercetin" refers to "Querqus", which means "Oak".
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    The name is often a hint. I'm willing to bet that "Quercetin" refers to "Querqus", which means "Oak".
    thank you! from wikipedia: "Quercetin is a flavonoid widely distributed in nature. The name has been used since 1857, and is derived from quercetum (oak forest), after Quercus"

I just got some quercetin from the GNC store....label says it's quercetin dihydrate

I notice that quercetin can be found in buckwheat...and buckwheat honey is apparently high in antioxidants...I'd be interested in learning if there's any quercetin in buckwheat honey

Shooter
    35mm
    I hate to nerco-bump but has anyone tried using this as an additive in caffinol?

Recently , hydroquinone has been shown to work with caffenol so quercetin chalcone may do likewise:
    http://www.ipernity.com/blog/chrono/497137

However,IIRC the proprietary form of quercetin chalcone I used was called Quercetone.
    This is now in the process of being replaced by another substance, quercetin phytosome:
    http://www.thorne.com/Products/Antio.../prd~SB330.jsp

Unless you can find a future source of quercetin chalcone it might be better to do what has been suggested above and dissolve quercetin in a non-water solvent if wishing to investigate this..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin