Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,405   Online: 689

Shooter
    Multi Format

X-tol capacity question

I have bought a Jobo 3005 Expert Drum for 8x10 film development. It takes a maximum 1500ml. I like X-tol 1:2 dilution, and according to Kodaks publications you need AT LEAST 100 ml xtol stock to develope 1 8x10 sheet film. In other words diluted 1:2 300 ml pr sheet, with a total of 1500ml, for 5 sheets. That is the maximum of what my drum can take. But is recommended to use with such a tight margin? Is Kodaks recommandation safe enough for me to use, or should I develop less sheets a time and use more developer pr sheet? Im using mostly Kodak and Ilford film.

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In my Jobo ATL-2300 I process 5 sheets of 8x10 in 1000ml of XTOL or D-76 (1+1), so developer capacity should not be an issue in this case. Is there a particular reason why you are working with a 1:2 dilution, better acutance?

Tom

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hello !
    Kodak also warn against the use of Xtol diluted further than 1+1. So make the first run with test negatives rather than with the negs for the 1,000,000 $ shot ....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin