Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,285   Posts: 1,535,259   Online: 938

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Scheimpflug,

Did you ever get the pictures of those 9.5" spools I sent you?
    Steve

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    guess I'm selling all my Verichrome then... too bad since I got some neat images off of the first roll from 1947...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Last roll of that WWII film I bought was a complete stuck-together vinegary mess when I opened it. I don't think the OP had to worry about nitrate film, but I bet it was unusable!

Duncan

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    [The gases released from unstable nitrate film] are also deadly to inhale and explosive. Having nitrocellulose film in your house would be like having a canister of Sarin in the home.
    The same is true of the combustion gases of most of our houshold items.

Sarin is something from another league of death.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Safely using old-stock Nitrate / Nitrocellulose film?

Quote Originally Posted by frobozz View Post
    Last roll of that WWII film I bought was a complete stuck-together vinegary mess when I opened it. I don't think the OP had to worry about nitrate film, but I bet it was unusable!

Duncan
    Verichrome was made on Nitrate base until the mid 1950's they were a holdout for some reason, so he may have to worry about that.

But usable is a perspective...

These images aren't "Great" but they can be said to be usable.

That's Verichrome from 1947 that I just shot and developed a month ago. Very much Nitrate, and very much usable if you can tune in on the proper EI to shoot at.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin