Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,941   Posts: 1,585,710   Online: 1072

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    Stop using Dektol and switch to Ethol LPD developer. It's available in liquid or powder form(powder is more economical). You can adjust the tone of the print from cool to warm with the dilution of the developer. Stock to 1+1 will give a deep black, while more dilute will give warmer tone, without having to adjust developing times.
    My favorite paper developer. I like the flexability.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!
    For all practical purposes, they've taken Kodak away.

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Second (third) Rick's suggestion. I use LPD, 1:2 from stock, 2 minutes with Ilford MG (although glossy) and get neutral results, with Ilford MGWT (warm tone) slightly browner. Both deepen with selenium toner, but the change is less obvious with MGIV.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you everyone for helping me out. As I wrote I am still learning and I basically started printing only 6 weeks ago, so I am very grateful for all your inside and advice. Thank you all!
    ---
    There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.
    ~ Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Honestly, I find that Multigrade has this tendency even with a different developer. I have standardized on Freestyle's Eco-Pro liquid developer and MG looks pretty good in it, but I always selenium tone it. It looks good without the toning, but the blacks really deepen with toning.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    > But, adding about 5-10 ml of a 10% Potassium bromide
    Or simply add 10% of wasted developer to the new one.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin