Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,533   Posts: 1,572,651   Online: 985

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Good for you Mr R .
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    Wow nothing, and I'm not intimidated by your wows. Hybrid workflow will not save paper. Most people won't bite. They can create Lith and other effects with software.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sean and David:

With all due respect, the argument that many hybrid users will dump analog if and when digital methods "arrive" for them is exactly the argument for including them in real darkroom discussions now. Encouraging new people to get their hands wet for now, as Thomas mentioned, can make a lifelong difference for some and will discourage some (not all) of them from dumping the wet print -- even when the digital machine of their choice comes along.

I applaud the efforts for integrating the two sites and the respectful (until recently) tone of this discussion so far. And I can appreciate the difficulties of stemming the flow of digital noise; we have to do it every day in our real lives. Perhaps the answer is not bringing digital back here, but I think we might want a Promote Analog thread/sticky or separate forum where we can brainstorm about helping film and paper survive.
    Jeff Glass

Photo Blog
    Website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post

I start a thread in Dpug, link it by copying the title and announce it here, those here who want to see the thread can click and view, those not wanting too can put me on ignore,
    I will update on APUG as new info or posts gather on the Thread . It seems simple and maybe a better way of handling this.

Bob
    I think it's a good compromise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow nothing, and I'm not intimidated by your wows either. Hybrid workflow will not save paper. Most people won't bite. They can create Lith and other effects with software. And I don't see how the amount of digital workflow in museums implies APUG needs to embrace it. I thought APUG was for analog processes. Trying to save paper production with hybrid processes is another matter.
    Please, Michael, this has been a very valuable and productive discussion. Don't drag it into a schoolyard squabble. There is still some value to be gleaned from this thread if we don't force the mods to shut it down.

Bob, besides preparing images for my site or my occasional posts here, I don't have any hybrid aspects to my process as of yet, so I likely won't be seeing your progress on DPUG. Please keep us up to date on this side of the curtain as well.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Toffle, you can still go on DPUG to just have a look. Even if you don't do any hybrids.
    There are a lot of processes I don't use but I still read on them.

No religious war, we all love real printing and wet hands.

G.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You are right Toffle sorry about that. I was having a really bad/bitter art day and this was the first thread I clicked on. The digital/museum connection got me going for some reason.

Apologies to Bob and everyone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are right Toffle sorry about that. I was having a really bad/bitter art day and this was the first thread I clicked on. The digital/museum connection got me going for some reason.

Apologies to Bob and everyone.
    Big hugs!
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Apology accepted
    I will finish off on this thread with any more of the student pictures and then give the cross thread method Matt and Dinesh seem to be suggesting.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm all in favor of having links to DPUG as a way to continue the hybrid/digital discussion, rather than having it on APUG. Unlike other forums, we haven't taken any strong position against linking even to forums outside APUG like the LF Forum or specific camera forums or RFF or photo.net when they have discussions that would be particularly interesting to APUG members, and DPUG is a companion forum, so all the better.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob Carnie said - The majority of the time when I go to DPUG and click on New Posts the message is no new posts at this time. This is frustrating and at this time useless.
    I've sorta wondered if the new posts over there doesn't work as well as here? Or if it gets refreshed by being here or something? 'cause I've gone awhile between visits over there and gotten only a few posts on the list when the spot on the upper right says hundreds.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin