Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,484   Online: 905

Page 1 of 14 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

Lith Paper from B&H

Mr G recommended a paper for lith I think foma, I am teaching a local course on lith prints from digital negs and need a few recommendations . I usually use Ilford Warmtone but for this course
    I would like to try another paper that sepia and selenium tones well.

Sorry for the digi blasphemy word but I could not help myself.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Fomatone variant works for me.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Is this a fibre paper?
    Quote Originally Posted by tomalophicon View Post
    Fomatone variant works for me.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Fomatone is available as RC and FB and it lith prints very well.

Cheers
    Ruediger
    Do or do not. There's no try. (Yoda)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    Is this a fibre paper?
    It is, I find the FOMABROM Variant (IV) 123 is better than the FOMABROM Variant (III) 111/112. The later can be difficult to control but can produce nice very gritty cool toned prints.

The warm tone papers FOMATONE MG Classic 131/132(FB) or 331/332 (RC) also work well.

I have also read that the new seagull warm tone FB is good in Lith http://www.orientalphotousa.com/ns_vc_fbII_w.htm

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Thanks for the replies this helps an old codger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob, the Fomatone MG Classic 131 (glossy) and 132 (matte) are the ones that produce very warm images with orange/pink salmon hues... I've attached a sample image here printed on Fomatone 132.

Fomabrom Variant (III) 111 (glossy) and 112 (matte) give a grainy gritty print quality that can be amazing, especially in really big prints. For smaller prints it's an acquired taste. That's the second image I attached here for you on Fomabrom 112.

The Fomabrom Variant (IV) 123 has a slight velvet grainy finish that is great, and gives wonderful grain and warm tones something in between the 132 and 112 above.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Erin Lith 01.jpg   Rush_Variant-112.jpg  
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    We are going to contact digital files, I want a paper that is fast in the lith chemistry. IWT has its little quirk that I am sure you are quite aware of but I do not want to introduce it to newbies to lith.

thanks for the sample, I think I would like to try both the glossy and matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Bob, the Fomatone MG Classic 131 (glossy) and 132 (matte) are the ones that produce very warm images with orange/pink salmon hues... I've attached a sample image here printed on Fomatone 132.

Fomabrom Variant (III) 111 (glossy) and 112 (matte) give a grainy gritty print quality that can be amazing, especially in really big prints. For smaller prints it's an acquired taste. That's the second image I attached here for you on Fomabrom 112.

The Fomabrom Variant (IV) 123 has a slight velvet grainy finish that is great, and gives wonderful grain and warm tones something in between the 132 and 112 above.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In my darkroom Fomatone is faster in lith with developing times in the 5 minute region. The colors react pretty wonderfully to over-exposure and underexposure in the enlarger.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the samples, Thomas. I've recently used tha last of my Maco Multibrom, which doesn't seem to be available anymore. I've got the Foma 131, but don't always want the warm tones. The 112 looks interesting. Anybody want to post any other samples?

Page 1 of 14 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin