Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,914   Online: 1042

Thread: NEOFIN BLUE

Shooter
    35mm

NEOFIN BLUE

How good is Neofin Blue (high acutance) film developer with 35mm Efke 25?
    Before I try it, would love to hear about other's experiences with this developer from J & C Photo.
    Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
    Joseph

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Joseph, I haven't tried the Neofin Blue, but have used PMK pyro with Efke 25. I have found it to be a good combination and would also like to hear about others with some experience using Efke 25 and NB. Curiously, both have metol as an active ingredient in part "A" so I'm sure there will be some similarities, at least with respect to agitation.

PMK works very well with Efke 25, but temperature and agitation both have a pronounced effect with respect to contrast and therefore need to be consistent from batch to batch. The grain is very fine with this developer, so I can tell you that it is a good film - developer combination to work with, especially with rollfilm and small size negatives. Hopefully, someone with some time using NB can tell you about it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    While stationed in Germany in the 70's I used Neofin Blue (Blau) with Agfapan 25, Panatomic-x, and Pan F with good results. I developed them in a metal tank and reels using intermittent agitation. It is a fairly old formula but very good. For higher speed films there was also Neofin Red (Rot).
    John Harvey
    Colorado Springs, CO
    harveyje@usa.net

I have used Willi Beutler, which is said to be same as Neofin Blue, with TMax 100. The results are quite satisfactory.
    sergio caetano

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    How good is Neofin Blue (high acutance) film developer with 35mm Efke 25?
    Before I try it, would love to hear about other's experiences with this developer from J & C Photo.
    Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
    Joseph

I have used it. Acutol is far, far better.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hansbeckert
    Funny, I always thought the other way round. I guess it's just a matter of taste. I use Bleu with Pan-F and love it.

David.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hansbeckert

Quote Originally Posted by Woolliscroft
    Funny, I always thought the other way round. I guess it's just a matter of taste. I use Bleu with Pan-F and love it.

David.
    David,.

Hans Beckert (alias Michael Scarspitty) has the dubious honor of being one of the few (maybe even the only one) that Sean banned from Apug. Not only because he fought a crusade against Rodinal, the Zone system and everything that wasn't Acutol. But because he fought a crusade against every PERSON that didn't agree with him. So you can just erase his remark about Acutol. His opinion doesn't mean anything useful.

G.
    Wilbert
    http://www.photovergne.com
    Cours photo en Auvergne

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have been using NB with mostly Efke 25 for a while now with very reliable results. I process in a Jobo for 5.5 minutes @20c and I am able to enlarge to 11x14 with no grain troubles. This is a simply wonderful film!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin