Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,988   Online: 1009

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by baachitraka View Post
    May I know what was the effective speed when pushing with Rodinal? Before that, is there any speed lose at 1+25?
    I don't have a way of measuring with a densitometer. It's all visual inspection, and I would wager an EI of 800 with Delta 3200 or TMax 3200 is about the maximum you can get while retaining full shadow detail.

Speed loss compared to what? Xtol? With Xtol 1+1 you can probably shoot at EI 1,600 and retain full shadow detail. So compared to Xtol I would say yes, but compared to something like Ilfosol-3 or Microdol-X I would say no.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    May I know what was the effective speed when pushing with Rodinal? Before that, is there any speed lose at 1+25?
    I know this thread ended some time ago. I would not push film with Rodinal if your seeking traditional image quality. Grain would increase. I don't recommend Rodinal with 135 unless you want a special effect.

What I know and read indicate Rodinal works best with a ISO 125 or slower film. Pan F is frequently recommended. I got better results with FP-4 (1:50) vs HP-5. Rodinal and HP-5 may not be the best combination at 1:75, the dilution I tried. Maybe it works at 1:25 but I have no experience with that ratio.
    RJ

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin