Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,600   Online: 644

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    There is bad reticulation evident on the second thumbnail. Any thoughts? Temperature? pH? Broccoli induced softening? Broccoli induced swell?

PE
    Egg roll
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Take care where we are going with this. Coffee, broccoli, who knows what is next.

Read Haist. Apparently human urine can be a viable developer. If we go this way, then we will have to specify what the urine producer was drinking and eating in the three hours prior to voiding to generate the feed stock to standardize on development times.

Then we can really talk up the image in gallery showings.
    I can just imaging the label - "negative and print developed in a solution eveolved from the urine of a pregnant Zulu, who consumed 4 litres of Perrier and ate a package of red licorice during the production period."

Actually, hats off to your scientific curiousity. Very intersting work.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    There is bad reticulation evident on the second thumbnail. Any thoughts? Temperature? pH? Broccoli induced softening? Broccoli induced swell?

PE
    Maybe the animal the gelatin came from didn't like Broccoli.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    Take care where we are going with this. Coffee, broccoli, who knows what is next.
    Asparagus!
    Apparently human urine can be a viable developer. If we go this way, then we will have to specify what the urine producer was drinking and eating in the three hours prior to voiding to generate the feed stock to standardize on development times.
    Urine with asparagus! The developer could be called Stinkinal-P.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ye good olde days, the Saltpeterman made gun powder from urine.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP7DohlcqkI

I'd imagine if we did use urine as a developer, women would have a tougher time filling the film tanks. Also APUGers would have to figure out a standard development time for 98 degrees too. Maybe recycled urine can be the next green, eco friendly photo chemical.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Read Haist. Apparently human urine can be a viable developer. If we go this way, then we will have to specify what the urine producer was drinking and eating in the three hours prior to voiding to generate the feed stock to standardize on development times.
    I don't even want to know what can be used as fixer.
    That aside, this is interesting.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!
    For all practical purposes, they've taken Kodak away.

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Then we can really talk up the image in gallery showings.
    I can just imaging the label - "negative and print developed in a solution eveolved from the urine of a pregnant Zulu, who consumed 4 litres of Perrier and ate a package of red licorice during the production period."

Actually, hats off to your scientific curiousity. Very intersting work.
    human urine developer...... Urinal

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is great! It'd be nice to replace the phenidone with something kitchen-derived, but it sounds like there probably aren't any good candidates that would give superadditivity with the broccoli extract. Even as it is, the activity seems pretty low if 30 minutes produced underdeveloped negatives.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

How about a free radical for everyone made a good joke.

Brian,
    It seems not much research is done on plant extracts.Maybe this is because there are so many ingredients, over 4000 phenolics alone and its hard to patent anything.

Peter,
    From "Free Radicals in Biology and Medicine" Halliwell & Gutteridge 3rd ed p204,ascorbate scavenges the OH free radical.I believe it would not last long in a plant phenol extract.

PE,
    The effect seen is the result of scanning a 0.2 in square section of 400 ISO film in a flatbed with a true resolution of 2300 dpi and sharpening hard.
    (I do this because by this means it may turn out to be possible to show on a computer screen the relative granularity from different developers, more work needed.)

When I get time I will run a check that the Broccoli extract without phenidone is not a good developer,that would be a surprise.

Thanks for the comments.
    Last edited by Alan Johnson; 11-15-2011 at 04:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hmmmmm. I wonder if Broccoli extract affects the green sensitivity of the emulsion....?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin