Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,342   Online: 1142

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    "Brian,
    It seems not much research is done on plant extracts.Maybe this is because there are so many ingredients, over 4000 phenolics alone and its hard to patent anything."

Actually there is a lot of work done on plant extracts. I goes something like this. You take a crude extract from about 1,000 plants. Then dump the extract on cancer cells, bacteria or whatever. If it kills the bad cells then all you have to do is find out what ONE of the 10,000 chemicals in the extract was the one that did the work. Very easy you see.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is interesting, but I like Broccoli too much, to use it this way!

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Wow, I'm impressed by the high standard of humour on this board.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Alan, is this likely to work with other members of the brassica family - cauliflower, cabbage etc? And I'd be very interested to know if you've experimented with silverbeet/spinach. We grow lots of vegetables and I'd love to experiment with silverbeet in particular (broccoli's too precious!) but I'm very weak in chemistry and wouldn't know where to begin.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am not amazed that broccoli extract can be used as a developer. Phenolic compounds are wide spread throughout the plant and animal kindoms. I am amazed that we can eat broccoli without being poisoned. Three cheers for our livers which detoxify our food.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wonder if we could make a developer out of kudzu? We have acres of it here in the south.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tomalophicon View Post
    Wow, I'm impressed by the high standard of humour on this board.
    I love the name > Stinkinal-P

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Alan this is outstanding work! Thanks for posting! My kids LOVE broccoli, they would get a kick out of me developing pictures with the "broccoli water". Great job!! Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    Take care where we are going with this. Coffee, broccoli, who knows what is next.

Read Haist. Apparently human urine can be a viable developer. If we go this way, then we will have to specify what the urine producer was drinking and eating in the three hours prior to voiding to generate the feed stock to standardize on development times.
    Oh, this is way too easy!

Eat a plate full of broccoli, take a couple of vitamin-C tablets, pop two Tylenol, wash it all down with a half a cup of coffee, go take a leak then develop your film.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually, asparagus and onions are not very good for this. They make foggy developers.

PE

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin