Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,526   Online: 837

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hansbeckert
    All of this is total hogwash. You don't need zones, and you don't need a densitometer. The only 'measure' of a good negative is whether it makes a good print.
    You are right, but using a densitometer to check the negative you might learn something you could use in the exposure/development. That could lead to producing a negative that will give a good print. So you don't NEED it, but it might be useful...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    You are right, but using a densitometer to check the negative you might learn something you could use in the exposure/development. That could lead to producing a negative that will give a good print. So you don't NEED it, but it might be useful...
    It can help you maintain consistency AFTER you have established, through trial and error, what your standard time is, but it cannot help you to FIND that time. That is dependent solely on the printing quality.

Images
    Ah, but if you use the densitometer with a step density wedge to determine the characteristic curves for a family of development times, you can find what you need in a systematic way. In fact, for most film-developer combinations two different development times, one of which is twice the other, will provide all the information you need to within government accuracy.
    Gadget Gainer

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hansbecket has used many names and has tried many times to control the forum that he jumps into. The moderator at photo.net has banned him several times and no one will argue with him on rec.photo. My suggestion is to not respond to anything he tries to say or no matter how he tries to tell you all how good he is. He has pointed us to images he made that are not particularly good but that is another story.

lee\c

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lee
    Hansbecket has used many names and has tried many times to control the forum that he jumps into. The moderator at photo.net has banned him several times and no one will argue with him on rec.photo. My suggestion is to not respond to anything he tries to say or no matter how he tries to tell you all how good he is. He has pointed us to images he made that are not particularly good but that is another story.

lee\c

And how is that relevant to this thread?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lee

lee\c

I have been dealing with you 'Z' people for 35 years. It is inevitable in your psychological make-up that you feel compelled to silence and denigrate others. I for one will not tolerate such attempts by you or any 'Z' people. Any and all zononsense will be countered not with insult but with facts. If you have anything relevant to say about 'developing charts', say it.

Images
    And how is that relevant to this thread?
    In a word... "very"
    hi!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bmac
    In a word... "very"
    I agree, it is very relevant. It's sad to see guys like this come along. I don't mind zany, but I think it mostly belongs in the Lounge. I mean, what he says from a technical point of view is hogwash. I've been dealing with anti-Zone System people for decades, too, and he just seems like another one. The ZS is just basic sensitometry which is based based on the laws of physics. I don't really see how one can disagree with the basic underpinnings of it and not simultaneously contradict the 'laws of physics' (like 'I' know that they re<g>).

Anyway, I guess I'll just add him to my ignore list. I think he'll be joining other people's ignore lists, soon, too. There is no arguing with people like him.

Take care, Lee.

-Mike
    Last edited by mikewhi; 10-29-2004 at 01:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I for one will not tolerate such attempts by you or any 'Z' people.
    Another person added to the ignore list for being out of line.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhi

I guess I'll just add him to my ignore list. I think he'll be joining other people's ignore lists, soon, too. There is no arguing with people like him.
    I have just done the same. I was pleased to have another point of view in this thread when he first posted here, but in the end I realized that he was just being argumentative. Like in those other threads.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin