Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,423   Online: 789

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

ADOX CMS 20 in 120 Development Suggestions

I have some ADOX CMS 20 in 120 format that I shot at box speed. Then I realized its supposed to be developed in the newer Adotech II developer. I have the older version of the Adolux Adotech developer that I purchased for some 35mm film. I also have HC-110, Rodinal, and Pyrocat-MC. I read someone developed ADOX CMS 20 in HC-110 1:63 for 6 minutes with no problems. Any ideas on what time to use for the Pyrocat-MC for 1:1:100? I don't mind experimenting since I'm planning on re-shooting the subject on Tri-X 320.

Thanks
    Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Since this is not a critical roll, of the developers you listed perhaps a stand or semi-stand treatment in Pyrocat, or divided Pyrocat would be a good option - although this is based on Pyrocat HD, not MC. Adotech - forget it. Some people have used Rodinal in high dilutions (maybe 1:300).

Note if you want detail in the shadows this film has a more realistic speed of EI 3-6 based on my tests.

In any case I have no doubt you'll get much better results when you re-shoot it on Tri-X.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin