Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,384   Posts: 1,683,121   Online: 968

Shooter
    35mm

How to dispose of Caffenol and Fixer?

I want to start developing film with Caffenol, and I was wondering what I am suppose to do as far as disposing them goes? I have one roll of color that I want to develop in Caffenol, after that it will probably be a mix of color, and black and white film. For developing I want to use as many house hold products as I can, I plan to go to a pool supply store to get what I need to make fixer.

Thank you in advance!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hi southern lights

it all depends on where you live and what they allow to go down the drain.
    if you have a haz mat recycling day, you could bring both there, tell them what it is
    and they will be happy. some places let you dilute the developer and put it down the drain
    ... it all depends...

i sell silver magnets which will remove most of the silver from your fixer, and steel wool, copper flashing, or a trickle tank will get the rest

again, it all depends on what the regulations are where you live ...

john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Caffenol developer is actually eco-friendly, so I pour it down he drain.
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The caffenol will actually help keep your drain clean, pour it down. The fixer is a different story, place in a bucket with some steel-wool from the hardware and let set. After all the silver is converted, salvage and sell, whatever effluent is left just keep adding spent fix to until the bucket is wasted. Haul to a landfill that will accept it.
    Rick Allen
    Argentum Aevum

“What is a master but a master student? And if that's true, then there's a responsibility on you to keep getting better and to explore avenues of your profession.”
    -Neal Peart-

Shooter
    35mm
    Okay. Thanks for the info.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin