Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,807   Posts: 1,581,432   Online: 1120

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Hi IC Racer, did you have a chance to use ORWO UN-54 and did you make any enlargements or scans from your test of N74 so far? I processed just quick test with N74 in Rodinal 1:50 and HC10 (1:60). So far I didn't run any comparison tests yet with Kodak and Agfa APX100 films I'm using most often.
    Goran

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not yet, still working on the last of a 100ft roll of Tri-x. Probably only on or two rolls left. I'm anxious to try it out.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Tom Abrahamsson posted 13 pictures taken on N-74 at:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/rapidwi...n/photostream/

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Has anyone a starting point for ORWO UN-54 in XTOL?

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Hi kb3lms,
    With UN-54 I used original Agfa Rodinal 1:50, 20C, 13min (2 inversions each minute) but I fell it can be bit shorter next time, 11.5min or so. Highlights look little bit dense but it scanned beautifully on my scanner.
    With HC110, I used Dilution H (1:3+1:15) 7min 20C (2 inversions each minute) and this one also can be shorter, next time lets say 6min.
    I hope you can figure your starting points from there.
    I'm planning to try it with Xtol 1:1 in next few days.
    Stay tuned!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks! I am anxious to try it out but I am a little slowed down with my busted foot keeping me out of the darkroom. Maybe tomorrow I can rearrange enough stuff to let me hobble around in there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How well would you think it would perform with reversal?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Where did you get the film?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gorbas View Post
    Hi kb3lms,
    With UN-54 I used original Agfa Rodinal 1:50, 20C, 13min (2 inversions each minute) but I fell it can be bit shorter next time, 11.5min or so. Highlights look little bit dense but it scanned beautifully on my scanner.
    With HC110, I used Dilution H (1:3+1:15) 7min 20C (2 inversions each minute) and this one also can be shorter, next time lets say 6min.
    I hope you can figure your starting points from there.
    I'm planning to try it with Xtol 1:1 in next few days.
    Stay tuned!
    13 minutes is way too long for UN-54 in Rodinal 1+50. Try it at about 8 minutes.
    -------------------------------
    Peter Schauss

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Hi pschauss,
    You are right! It's to long. I did another run or UN-54 at 10min with Rodinal 1:50 at 20 and it can be shorter to. So I'm getting closer to your time. My starting point was APX-100 and I run that film 12.5 or 13 min in Rodinal.
    My last run was in Xtol 1:1 for 8min 20C and I'm very happy with results. Maybe I can cut it to 7min or less but also I would like to drop speed to 50 or 64 iso. Pictures are at:http://flic.kr/s/aHsjxscdGt

Hi mrred,
    You can order film here:
    http://www.orwona.com/b-w-motion-picture-camera-films/
    UN-54 has pretty clear grey base. Sorry, no densitometer here to give you B+F value. I did BW reversal processing years ago with EFKE KB50 and ORWO reversal recipe 9home made) it was very nice film for it. I don't think I will run another reversal processing with this ORWO stock.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin