Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,715   Posts: 1,483,040   Online: 780

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ryan! Yes I think they were originally designed for contact printing. The image sizes match most film formats of the time - I'm guessing they date from the forties. They are actually silver film.
    I had thought about loaning them out but it's getting a little late this year, maybe next August or September. I've never taken the time to completely sort them out. There are over a hundred all tolded but maybe only twenty or so images each with different image sizes.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Ok, so I think I sorted out what I'm going to do... I picked up some fiber paper (Adorama's house brand, since I figured this is my first attempt) at 8.5x11 and some A2 envelopes. I'll cut the paper down to size (8.5x5.5) for printing. I had an idea for printing but I'm not sure how it'll work. I thought that while it'd be nice to have my own picture, it'd also be nice to have something written on the front. So I was thinking about printing out a nice cursive 'Merry Christmas' in white on dark black stock and taking a picture of it so I'd have it on film. Then overlay that frame over the frame I'm printing so I'd end up with a white 'Merry Christmas' over my image. Does anyone think that'd be too difficult to do? The real trick is I'd have to make sure I got overlay picture just right-it'd have to be full-frame and angled properly because I'm just using a 35mm holder in my enlarger, so it'd just go over the other neg in whatever position it was taken.

Images
    I print small images, trim, and lightly glue them to a folded card made from card stock. I enjoy just printing some image I really like, but then what to do with them?? Making writing cards makes sense to me. Christmas cards would be the same. I mostly use 4x5 paper, but occasionally use 5x7. Sometimes the image is small enough to leave a bit of space on the paper below the image where I can write something about the time or place. In fact, if you like we could exchange a card. Message me if you'd like me to send you one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeskill View Post
    ... printing out a nice cursive 'Merry Christmas' in white on dark black stock and taking a picture of it so I'd have it on film. Then overlay that frame over the frame I'm printing so I'd end up with a white 'Merry Christmas' over my image ... 35mm holder in my enlarger
    You might find it easier to make a second exposure with a high-contrast negative with the greeting. This makes for a black greeting which you can place to the side of the image. You can contact print the greeting.

Placing the greeting in white over the image means the greeting has to go in the shadow area of the image to get any contrast and that may not be aesthetically pleasing.

Most word processors and such will print out a large cursive script that you can print out on transparency material and then contact to make the greeting negative.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	242.7 KB 
ID:	43381

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    ^wow what a beautiful holiday card! Wish I was on your mailing list!
    Andy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Nice card, gorbas! Very nice!
    —Eric

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Thank you zsas & resummerfield!
    I'm doing it for the last 12 years. All pictures are taken with Horizont cameras on APX100 and processed in Rodinal 1:50.
    Box of 100/8x10" MG/FB paper. 2 prints on the page, then splitting them on half. 200 - 8x5" cards and few hundred after scanning distributed by email, FB....
    This year was first that I did it on Epson printer (taking cover!!). The main saving point was that my wife didn't have to write all that text on all 200 cards. I'm hopeless hand-writer.
    In the past, I could print all 100/8x10 in one day but it was pain to wash them and dry them all at once. But I did it, many times.
    Goran

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin