Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,951   Posts: 1,585,995   Online: 796

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ilford Art 300

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It selenium tones nicely too, as it turns out.
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Corneau View Post
    It selenium tones nicely too, as it turns out.
    It does. Fred Newman at The View Camera Store tested for max black and at 1:10 it reaches it in about 2 minutes. After that, no changes until eventual split tone at 10 min or so.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    In Canada the paper is again available in the 8x10 size. The 11x14 is still backordered.
    -Rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks for this thread.

Has anyone tried this paper with Formulary's 130 Paper Developer?

If so, impressions please.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've used it with divided Ansco 130, which should be the same. Beautiful tones as you would expect.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry to double post... I had posted this in the "Art 300 Sample" thread and it was perhaps more suited for this one...

http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1266137

Hi Simon, Great to see you posting about the new paper.

I have been running it through the paces lately and like very much what I see. It is great to work with and I love the texture and how it compliments a certain type of photograph. However, the thing I am not so sure of is the somewhat reflective sheen the paper displays. I was under the impression that this was to be more like Hahnemuhle's digital "Photo Rag" paper with a dull, matt surface much like a watercolor paper. I'm finding this shine coupled with the texture to be distracting and am hearing the same from other photographers as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	detroit_2011_1.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	224.4 KB 
ID:	42485

What I am wondering is if Ilford has any plans to offer a more traditional matt surface as in their other papers? If possible, I think it would be a great alternative and make the paper even more interesting to potential users. Personally I would buy the stuff by the case if so, but in its current state I can only see using it for the occasional project.

All that aside, I commend you and Ilford for your dedication to traditional photographic materials and I will continue using your products with great satisfaction. The fact you've actually developed a new paper is a testament to your commitment to those of us that still love the wet darkroom and I can only hope there will be more.

All the Best, Bill Schwab
    www.billschwab.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Bill et al,

The base is indeed the HAHNEMUEHLE Photo Rag base, my thinking is that the 'Ink Jet' coating ( dispersion ) that goes on that degrades and matts the image, where as the Photo coating does not, we have no plans to change the product so early in its run, in saying that you can 'matt' down a coating I will speak to product development.

Regards

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Paper swatches in resellers.....

Ahhhhh.... sometimes resellers do not put them out?....because people 'nick' them....I know 100% as a fact that no APUG member would ever do that, but possible passing D*****L photographers do...

As a fact they cost about $ 30.00 per swatch to make...so to be absolutely honest we are not very generous giving them out either.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Is there anywhere one could order an Ilford swatch book of their very own, with all the current offerings? I'm sure some of us would even be willing to pay for one rather than swiping them :-)

Thanks,
    Duncan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Duncan,

I will look into it

Simon.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin