Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,948   Online: 922

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Morituri View Post
    He was quoting Elliott Erwitt by the way who said "Everything you need to know is on the side of the box" or something of that fashion =)
    As usual , all good phrases have been used before. At least that leaves us with more than one photographer of the same opinion.

Karl-Gustaf
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

www.heliochroma.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Rick,

I'm positive you're right but I'm lacking time, space and skills to print wet, I'm afraid...

Maybe someday!?
    Johan Niels Kuiper, www.johanniels.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Educate me on Tri-X in D76?

O.K., you have already mixed it up and I hope you waited for it before topping up with cold water. I would suggest that this will keep for well over a year in an air tight bottle. For Tri-X rated at 800 (why), but you have already done this, develop for 14 minutes at 68F/20C at 1:1 dilution.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzardkid View Post
    I've been a developoholic (love the term!) for quite some time, but until now I've been using Rodinal (both regular and stand-dev) and this is my first go at D76.
    I'm not too worried about pushing the film one stop, have done so many times with RolleiRetro400S and Tmax400.

And, I will be scanning the film and finishing in Lightroom/Photoshop, so any low contrasts or even lotsa dust can be corrected. Think I was close enough on the exposures when shooting street scenes and Tri-X is quite forgiving anyway.
    If in the future you should ever wish to make a conventional silver print, what are you going to do about the improper exposures and dust spots? Things would be simpler if you do the best job you can processing the film from the beginning. Photoshop should not be the reason for shoddy technique.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Amen
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello;
    Unlike others here I use D-76 with a replenisher and use the stock solution. Measure out the correct amount to fill the S/S developing tank, add the correct amount of replenisher into the gallon jug. When done developing the film, simply return to jug. I feel that D-76 replenished is like a fine wine and gets better with age. Steven.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Things are looking good.

Apart from my personal fail (developing a roll with only three shots on it that I had taken from a camera and put in with the wrong crowd...) the developed film look good so far.

Used the times that were listed on the bag (those applied for 400-800, it said) and used fresh fixer. Hypoclear seemed past its time, it had slimy things in it but I only saw that when I had dunked the first of two films into it and it seemed to work so I gave the other film the same soak and discarded the hypoclear afterwards.

Films drying in the shower, should be able to scan some shots later tonight. Now let's see if there's anything worthwhile in them...

Question: is it okay to link to a Flickr set from here, or am I opening up a can o' moderator-driven whoop-a$$ on meself when doing so?
    Johan Niels Kuiper, www.johanniels.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Glad to hear its working.

Question: is it okay to link to a Flickr set from here, or am I opening up a can o' moderator-driven whoop-a$$ on meself when doing so?
    Probably just fine unless you want to discuss the "how's", "techniques" & "problems" of scanning.
    Last edited by markbarendt; 11-27-2011 at 10:58 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Spelling
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Johan (Buzzardkid),

Read this article three times. Words of great wisdom, at least to an ignorant newbie like me.

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad...le_system.html

Btw. I've been dabbling with wet printing lately. It's so much fun and rewarding I'm really kicking myself not having done it before.

Have fun,

--# Matt

Shooter
    35mm RF
    'nother question: Do you guys re-use the developer? Or use it once-only?

If re-using, how many times, on average?
    I mix stock solution D76 (see pkg directions) 1:1 with water and develop 10 minutes at 20 deg Centigrade, then discard it. But that's for Tri-x at 400 ISO. I don't push-process, so don't know the time for 800. Check out the Massive Development Chart for that.
    http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.php
    Good luck!
    Vic Stewart

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin