Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,487   Posts: 1,571,318   Online: 850

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's one of my favorite all time films. It can get a little contrasty if you aren't careful. Beautiful grey tones.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll add my vote for this film and it's also my favourite. Like Morten said souped in Rodinal it really glows !!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll add my vote as well - Pan F Plus in 1:50 Rodinal rocks! One thing though, my exposures typically run several seconds and I learned pretty quickly to pay attention to Ilford's reciprocity chart in order to avoid underexposure.

Bruce

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I shoot 120 PanF at speed in the bright California sunlight, mostly beach and beach town architecture.

Rodinal 1+200 stand developed for 90 minutes. Comes out... sureal. The shadows come up, the highlights are never blown out. Graphic.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter
    I shoot 120 PanF at speed in the bright California sunlight, mostly beach and beach town architecture.

Rodinal 1+200 stand developed for 90 minutes. Comes out... sureal. The shadows come up, the highlights are never blown out. Graphic.

tim in san jose
    More details on this stand development. What was the temp? how long did you agitate when you did agitate? This blonde rooted one needs all the help I can get. that and I have a 6 year old bottle of unopened rodinal.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    More details on this stand development. What was the temp? how long did you agitate when you did agitate? This blonde rooted one needs all the help I can get. that and I have a 6 year old bottle of unopened rodinal.
    All development is at 68 degrees. I agitate for the first 30 seconds, then go watch Monty Python. I set up a bath at 68 degrees on hot or cold days to keep the developer fairly constant. It's easier though if you have a room approx. that temp.

Timer hits 90 minutes, I dump the developer, rinse with water and use an ammonia based fixer.

The old Rodinal shouldn't be an issue.

P.S. we like blond rooted ones. They're cute. It helps if they are intelligent too.

tim (not really sexist) in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter
    All development is at 68 degrees. I agitate for the first 30 seconds, then go watch Monty Python. I set up a bath at 68 degrees on hot or cold days to keep the developer fairly constant. It's easier though if you have a room approx. that temp.

Timer hits 90 minutes, I dump the developer, rinse with water and use an ammonia based fixer.

The old Rodinal shouldn't be an issue.

P.S. we like blond rooted ones. They're cute. It helps if they are intelligent too.

tim (not really sexist) in san jose
    Tim, the question is... Which Monty Python? They're all so good, but "Menaing of Life" has to be my favorite (when the "lady" is cleaning the husband's "lens"... classic) . I need to try this stand development, sounds interesting. -Grant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So...does that make Rodinal the "Holy Hand Grenade"???

Judging by this threat its surely not SPAM!!!hmmm. Eggs, bacon, cheese and Rodinal....nope, doesn't work...

..."and now for something completely Rodinal..." Now that might work!
    Fixer scented Glade; for those that just can't leave the darkroom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    oops...meant thread...Jim Beams' making fingers somewaht fumbly...
    Fixer scented Glade; for those that just can't leave the darkroom.

Pan-F

Pan-F is a lovely film but it has one interesting characteristic.It has a short hold time. If you expose part of a roll and leave it in the the camera for a couple of months and then finish the roll the earlier exposures will be visibly less dense that the later ones- more so than I have noticed with other films.
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin