Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,707   Posts: 1,482,872   Online: 972

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

PAN F plus 50 ideas?

I just picked up 300' of Pan F 50...just because it was cheap and I've never used it. I plan to start playing with a few rolls in my Minolta X700 very soon. I know little to nothing about the film.

My questions are:

What do you like/dislike about the film? Characteristics, etc.
    What were you successes? Architecture? People? Landscape, etc???
    What situations provided disappointment and why?
    Fixer scented Glade; for those that just can't leave the darkroom.

Images
    It's very slow, so it is used mostly for still subject matter. Use caution in developing to avoid over-development.

Images
    A wonderful fine grained film. You'll find plenty of fans of it here.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about the moon?

It's in the camera and I just found out that there's to be a lunar eclsipse tonight. It might be too slow...but if I use a long shutter speed..1/2 to 1 sec??? I'm using a 500mm mirror at f8, I believe...

I'm planning to blow through the 50 and then load HP5...whadaya think about 3200???

Ideas? Fool's folly?
    Fixer scented Glade; for those that just can't leave the darkroom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lovely lush tones, runs a bit contrasty. Sharp and very fine-grained. Great for landscape, people, architecture ... but it is slow. Excellent in Ilfosol, Rodinal, XTOL ...

Dislikes? Not available in sheet film, discontinued soon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love this film, it's probably my favorite with the exception of APX100 (although I haven't tried all the Efke fims yet). I think it looks good for pretty much everything, great skin tones for portraiture. Developed in Rodinal 1:50 is a great combo. -Grant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use it in 35mm for all kinds of static subjects. For me it produces outstanding results in Rodinal 1-50
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyk49
    What do you like/dislike about the film? Characteristics, etc.
    What were you successes? Architecture? People? Landscape, etc???
    What situations provided disappointment and why?
    I have used it for portraits and still life. Nice tones and sharpness and very small grain. I have to say to hans that this film is GREAT in Rodinal!

Morten

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A wonderful fine grained film with great sharpness and detail resolution. Try using it for landscapes and process with an accutance developer like Neofin Bleu: the effects can be breath taking. It also makes a great film for making copy negs from prints, rated at ISO 25 and pull processed to keep contrast down. People tell me that you can also subject it to reversal processing to make high definition B&W slides. I have never tried that, but would be interested to hear if anyone else has.
    The down side, obviously, is the speed. Don't expect to be able to hand hold in anything but good light. That said, it is easier to use than Tech-Pan. I remember hand holding quite happily with a deep red filter on the lens, in the Jordanian Desert.

David.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Woolliscroft
    It also makes a great film for making copy negs from prints, rated at ISO 25 and pull processed to keep contrast down.
    I do this, too! Damn good reproduction! I use two flash heads in 45 degrees angle on both sides of the print being copied. This way I can shoot pin sharp and handholding when doing copy work (I do not have copy stand). Hand holding when copying is great and fast.

Morten

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin