Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,773   Posts: 1,484,410   Online: 1070

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kodak AZO paper

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You guys forget "chains", "stones" and "furlongs" for starters.

In school, we had to calculate the speed of light in furlongs per fortnight!

Oh, and there is a French measurement that translates to "horse gas hours" which is probably like horsepower in Englis.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One hour of horse gas is probably one too many.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tjaded View Post
    So PE...how many millimeters in an Imperial gallon? HA HA. That makes sense though. It's funny how some things change over the years...number of exposures for a 35mm roll for example.
    1 MILLILITER equals .0022 of an imperial gallon

SOURCE:
    François Cardarelli, P.hD.

"Encyclopaedia of Scientific Units, Weights and Measures, Their SI Equivalences and Origins"

published by Springer-Verlag, http://www.springeronline.com

ISBN 1-85233-682-X

The International System of Units, abbreviated and commonly known as the SI, is officially known as Le Système International d'Unités and is overseen by the Bureau International des Poinds et Mesures located near Paris, France. Their website is

http://www.bipm.org

and their mission, as quoted from that website, is to "provide the basis for a single, coherent

system of measurements throughout the world, traceable to the International System of Units..."

So, the SI can handle British Barns and any other thing you want to throw at it. :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And all these things made perfectly good sense at the time they were the standard.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Let's take a moment to thank our French cousins for freeing us from the Imperial baloney we once relied on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was asking about millimeters! My idea of humor...

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Boehm View Post
    1 MILLILITER equals .0022 of an imperial gallon

SOURCE:
    François Cardarelli, P.hD.

"Encyclopaedia of Scientific Units, Weights and Measures, Their SI Equivalences and Origins"

published by Springer-Verlag, http://www.springeronline.com

ISBN 1-85233-682-X

The International System of Units, abbreviated and commonly known as the SI, is officially known as Le Système International d'Unités and is overseen by the Bureau International des Poinds et Mesures located near Paris, France. Their website is

http://www.bipm.org

and their mission, as quoted from that website, is to "provide the basis for a single, coherent

system of measurements throughout the world, traceable to the International System of Units..."

So, the SI can handle British Barns and any other thing you want to throw at it. :-)
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tjaded View Post
    I was asking about millimeters! My idea of humor...
    i see, that's actually funny. my mistake, but 1 milliliter is .00022 of an imperial gallon, not .0022.

so there are approximately 4546.092 milliliters in an imperial gallon, just in case anyone really wants to know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pinholeboy View Post
    Hi,

I have a question I was hoping that someone could help me with.
    I own a box of 11x14 Kodak AZO paper (F-0). The box is in good condition and unopened, holds 144 sheets.
    Can anyone give me an idea what this might be worth? Also how do I tell the age of the paper?

Thanks for your help!

Gordon

Attachment 42304 Attachment 42305

great find gordon !

i see you do pinhole work, this paper is very slow ( silver chloride used to be called "gaslight paper" by some )
    it requires like a 300W flood light and dense +contrasty film works the best, so using it in a pinhole camera might not be useful.

if you have a box camera ... you could expose your film, and process it in dilute dektol
    for a little longer than you might normally ( if you ever normally processed film in it it used to be suggested 7 min / 1: 7 )
    to build up density and contrast ...
    cut your film down and make contact prints ...

you might consider paper negatives make with a camera of some sort
    to make contact prints on your paper.

i love making photograms on azo i have

good luck ( and have fun )
    john

ps.

my car gets 40 rods to the hogshead ...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    I don't remember exactly, but it seems to me Kodak began the move from packages of 12 and 144, to 10, 25, and 100 around 1950-1955. Agfa and others followed along soon after.
    I have always thought it ridiculous to sell sheet film in boxes of 25 which means one can load 12 holders and have a sheet left over in the box. Paper was boxed in the same quantities as film.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you really want to get confused on old measurement systems get stuck in looking at old English systems for acres, townships, etc
    And, try the old English units for money used up until 1971, Pounds, Shillings and Pence.
    12 penny's in a Shilling, 20 Shillings in a Pound.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin