Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,987   Posts: 1,524,043   Online: 967

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    At Elevator we charge $45 per run, single shot all chems, 4 rolls of 120 or 6 rolls of 35 or 10 sheets of 4x5, or 5 sheets of 8x10. We can do up to 16 x20 .
    as you can see single shot and one run at a time, if you have one roll of anything to run then it is $45 bucks( we do not hold single rolls until enough clients walk in the door, and rarely do we do a single roll run. Our turn around is about 3-6 days .
    I am about to process a single job that consists of 300 4x5, 200 8x10 and 50 rolls of 120,all single shot in Pyro, this will work out to about 85 runs that I have to inspect each film as it comes off and then contact them. To me our prices are fair as this is a lot of work and considering the film, travel,time from work for the photographer our film processing is minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    If a lab isn't otherwise running reasonable volumes of Black & White, and they have to do a special run just for your film, the lab will lose money at that fair but admittedly expensive price.

If the lab provides custom processing for every batch of Black & White they process (individual adjustments) then the price is fair (compare with Elevator in Toronto).

The only factors that permit labs to charge low prices are volume, mechanization and standardization over many rolls.

So before you leave a film with any lab, make no assumptions about either: 1) type of service being provided and 2) the price.

Now it may be that the OP made those enquiries before leaving the film, and is just now trying to get some perspective on what the lab charged.

Shooter
    35mm RF

D & P prices

Hi..in Brisbane I recently paid $25 to have a 12 exp 120 processed C41, printed and images scanned to a CD ... is that pretty much the norm?? I process the B&W myself...$15 per roll for developing is a bit rich!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Hi..in Brisbane I recently paid $25 to have a 12 exp 120 processed C41, printed and images scanned to a CD ... is that pretty much the norm?? I process the B&W myself...$15 per roll for developing is a bit rich!
    John,
    Again, as others have suggested, it’s all relevant.

Was the 120 processed by dip and dunk? How was it scanned.

Locally (Adelaide), 120 including scanning can be done for around $10 to $12, but that is on a roller transport machine (mini lab) and auto scan. To have it done in a dip and dunk machine and hand scanned, I would expect to pay around $25.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here in New Zealand, typical lab charge for B&W is NZ$15-16 a roll.
    I offer custom process, XTOL or Rodinal for $6.50 a roll and have plenty of customers.
    You could be one of them..

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Send your C-41 120 to Fletcher's in Bega. It's 5 bucks a roll without no scans or prints... Not sure about pushing or pulling.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    If the lab provides custom processing for every batch of Black & White they process (individual adjustments) then the price is fair (compare with Elevator in Toronto).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    At Elevator we charge $45 per run, single shot all chems, 4 rolls of 120 or 6 rolls of 35 or 10 sheets of 4x5, or 5 sheets of 8x10. We can do up to 16 x20 .
    as you can see single shot and one run at a time, if you have one roll of anything to run then it is $45 bucks( we do not hold single rolls until enough clients walk in the door, and rarely do we do a single roll run. Our turn around is about 3-6 days .
    I am about to process a single job that consists of 300 4x5, 200 8x10 and 50 rolls of 120,all single shot in Pyro, this will work out to about 85 runs that I have to inspect each film as it comes off and then contact them. To me our prices are fair as this is a lot of work and considering the film, travel,time from work for the photographer our film processing is minimal.
    In case the offhand reference to Elevator in my post was unclear, I do think that Elevator's price is very fair, for the service they provide.

If I was in Toronto (and if they would have me) I would certainly consider having them do some of my work.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin