Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,148   Online: 842

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

$24 to get a roll of 120 pulled one stop - did I get ripped off?

I've shot 120 for a while and am only now getting ready to process my own at home. I dropped in a couple of rolls to a photo place here for processing (incl. pulling 1 stop) and got charged $24 per roll - $14 normal processing and $10 to pull. How much do you/have you paid? This is in Australia, but the amount is about the same as USD.

Just need to figure out how to put the extra rollers on my Jobo and no more expensive processing for me.

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    In the US those prices would be considered outrageous. I pay $5.75 per roll for E6 and an extra $1.50 for push/pull.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Never processed B&W film at a lab before (do it myself) but in Adelaide, one lab charges per the following:

http://www.blackandwhitephoto.com.au...-neg-print.php

Of course, pricing will depend on where you are, and where you take it. Personally, I prefer to do it myself: I can match my film with the dev (if needed) and tweak as I see fit, depending upon the situation. I also enjoy the time to do so - lets me wind down after shooting commercially for weeks on end.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am in California and the last roll of 120 E-6 I had Done Cost me $15.00 and took 7 days to do it In house and I went to pick it up after 7 days
    and got yelled at for showing up 10 Min before the time they had put on the tag, I went back the next day and picked it up and have not been Back in the shop since and it will be a cold day in h### before I go back.
    Now I Mail my 120 to a shop 500 miles away and it is returned in 7 days and cost $5.50 a roll plus postage ( 6 to 8 rolls in a box Postage is $3.75 for all) So i think we both
    got ripped off.
    Some photo shops seam to think if they are the only ones for 150 miles they can charge as much as they want and you are a captive customer .

Shooter
    35mm
    UK prices: a pushed/pulled roll of C-41/E-6 120 developing would be £3.82, checking my local lab's prices.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That's pretty damn high. Last I checked, the best (and most expensive) pro lab in Adelaide charges $12.50 for E6 and $9.50 for C41, so regardless of the $10 pull fee, that's a ripoff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Is it traditional B&W (I am assuming, since you are posting here)? Atkins will charge $25 per roll (yes, $25) to process B&W....but they do it by hand, just like us home jocky's.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmm... Maybe I need to change my prices for developing other peoples film.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That is insane unless you are also getting proofs or good quality scans. I've paid at most $10 for a pushed roll of 120, and I considered that to be a rip off...though at least it was very high quality dip-n-dunk processing.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I couldn't afford to be a photographer in Australia if the prices are all like that!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin