Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,336   Online: 944

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    Please see:

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3289

and

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...1&cat=2&page=1

The developer is only as good as the person using it. If you dont think is not that good, that is your opinion, just dont try to force your opinion on us. You probably just did not know how to use Rodinal. That is much more likely than saying is not good in face of evidence to the contrary.

as you were told before, give it a rest......

The one is 4x5! The other is Pan-F medium format! Of course, the developer does not matter so much with large format or slow films. In 35mm, it matters a great deal more. If you would run some tests on 35mm Tri-X, for instance, you'd be more open to discussion...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hansbeckert
    This is 4x5! Of course, the developer does not matter so much with large format. In 35mm, it matters a great deal more. If you would run some tests on 35mm Tri-X, for instance, you'd be more open to discussion...
    You are on bubba, will you then shut up, this is a very nice forum and we dont need the likes of know it alls like you. One print comming up.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The only discussion seems to be if we lock step with your idea. We are many and varied, and have different methods of working with our film. We stick with what works for us doing what we want it to do. No amount of brow beating will change that. Grow up and learn sharing is one thing, domineering is another.
    Non Digital Diva

Images
    You are on bubba, will you then shut up, this is a very nice forum and we dont need the likes of know it alls like you. One print comming up.....

All I know is 35mm what my eyes tell me. Tell ya what, I'll get some Rodinal this weekend and run some tests too. OK?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

If you are interested in maximizing the quality of your negatives, you'll want the very last bit of detail and speed.
    Sorry Hans, but I can't see how speed has anything at all to do with the quality of a negative. As for detail, that can be a blessing or a curse depending on the subject. From what I've read here you've equated it with quality when it is simply a characteristic. Maximum detail can be very useful in many respects while detrimental in others. Point is, neither speed or detail are what make a quality negative, speed being the least. People who use Rodinal regularly will already know that it is not a speed developer. If it produces the detail they want, then it is at the least all they need. More importantly if it gives them exactly the look they want, then nothing is better.
    [COLOR=Sienna][FONT=Arial]Some days are diamonds. Some days a tree crashes through your roof.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Images
    Please see:

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3289

and

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...1&cat=2&page=1

The developer is only as good as the person using it. If you dont think is not that good, that is your opinion, just dont try to force your opinion on us. You probably just did not know how to use Rodinal. That is much more likely than saying is not good in face of evidence to the contrary.

as you were told before, give it a rest......

The article was posted because I doubt that any of you have seen a similar survey. It is really quite useful. This was not intended to be a put-down of Rodinal...but in the test Rodinal does not stand out on the postive side in any way. It happens to be no better than any, and worse than many, on most films. It does not appear to be a good match with fast films at all.

Shooter
    Large Format
    All I know is 35mm what my eyes tell me. Tell ya what, I'll get some Rodinal this weekend and run some tests too. OK?
    Nope, I would rather you go away, and I get the feeling a lot of people agree with me, judging by the response to your incesant tirade.....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Picture is up bubba......what is your objection now...?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Williams
    Sorry Hans, but I can't see how speed has anything at all to do with the quality of a negative. As for detail, that can be a blessing or a curse depending on the subject. From what I've read here you've equated it with quality when it is simply a characteristic. Maximum detail can be very useful in many respects while detrimental in others. Point is, neither speed or detail are what make a quality negative, speed being the least. People who use Rodinal regularly will already know that it is not a speed developer. If it produces the detail they want, then it is at the least all they need. More importantly if it gives them exactly the look they want, then nothing is better.
    I see your point, but given that many who use 35mm in the documentary style want the very best image quality they can get (since the negative is so damned small) and find themselves always needing more speed will not find Rodinal to be the best choice. Of course speed is important. The difference between Rodinal and Acutol on most films is 2/3 to 1 full stop, and that can make or break an image.

Images
    Picture is up bubba......what is your objection now...?

What picture?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin