Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,674   Online: 954

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Delta 100 in DD-X gives flat results

I've not had much success developing Delta 100 in Ilfotec DD-X. When scenes are low-contrast or taken on dull days, the tonality is harsh and ugly, and the results are very flat. It is much better only on sunny days with high contrast scenes. I am more accustomed to the rich dark tones of Fuji Acros and Rodinal.

Is there a better developer to use with Delta 100? I have DD-X, Rodinal, Perceptol and HC-110 in my cupboard right now.

Suggestions welcome!
    Jin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My vote is Rodinal (as expected and you already have it) and I've also tried it in ID-11 and D-76 which also look quite good. I agree DD-X isn't the best soup for it and I've tried it in those four I've mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    I've not had much success developing Delta 100 in Ilfotec DD-X. When scenes are low-contrast or taken on dull days, the tonality is harsh and ugly, and the results are very flat. It is much better only on sunny days with high contrast scenes. I am more accustomed to the rich dark tones of Fuji Acros and Rodinal.

Is there a better developer to use with Delta 100? I have DD-X, Rodinal, Perceptol and HC-110 in my cupboard right now.

Suggestions welcome!
    Jin
    Last edited by TPPhotog; 10-28-2004 at 09:50 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Typo's

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jrong

Suggestions welcome!
    Jin

I strongly recommend Paterson FX-39.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    My vote is Rodinal (as expected and you already have it) and I've also tried it in ID-11 and D-76 which also look quite good. I agree DD-X isn't the best soup for it and I've tried it in those four I've mentioned.
    Rodinal from me, too. HC-110 is also good for Delta 100. But my favourite is Rodinal 1+50 and Delta 100 rated at ISO 80, but developed as if it was exposed @ ISO 100.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've used Ilfosol and ID-11 and have been happy with the results with Ilfosol being slightly less grainy.
    [size=1]the all new darkplanet photoblog[/size][size=1]
    [/size]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've only used ID-11 recently but that's because it's all that is available locally for me. It gives me negs with both D-400 and D-100 that I'm really happy with.
    However, were Rodinal available locally, I would certainly give it a whirl just to see what I thought.
    I just wish that I had a choice!!!
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I don't understand, why would anyone limit themselves to what is available locally? Photos supplies are much cheaper via the web- and it's the way to support vendors who are keeping real photography alive.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mobtown_4x5
    I don't understand, why would anyone limit themselves to what is available locally? Photos supplies are much cheaper via the web- and it's the way to support vendors who are keeping real photography alive.

Matt
    Matt it's always good to support the local shops otherwise we lose them, also not everyone has plastic cards for any number of reasons

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    Matt it's always good to support the local shops otherwise we lose them, also not everyone has plastic cards for any number of reasons

Most shops will special order for you. Just ask!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin