Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,687   Posts: 1,548,616   Online: 1323

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Delta 400 developing

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering what are your experiences with the Ilford Delta 400 and developping it in Tetenal Ultrafin PLUS 1+4 @ 20°C?
    I found so many informations and feel a little bit confused at the moment, because some say 7 min, some 8min, some even 10 or 12!

What should I do? Can you give me any good advice?

Thank you very much!

m

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try looking on the massive development chart at digitaltruth.com.

Not that those times will be correct, but maybe a decent starting point. Once you have a starting point it's a matter of experimenting around that until you get the results you want.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In fact when I look at the digitaltruth.com chart I get confused as it says 10min for a 1/3 stop push (ISO 500) while the chart at Tetenal says 7min for ISO 400... 3minutes are quite a lot for just a 1/3 stop of difference. :S

Right at the moment I'm inclined to develop it for 8minutes with 15seconds of agitation every minute.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Probably a good place to start.

Shooter
    35mm
    The digital truth charts are baloney. I could sit down one afternoon and create charts that would be more accurate then theirs.
    Just look at the tri-x chart, for example.

The best way to get accurate times is on the maker's websites.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    The digital truth charts are baloney. I could sit down one afternoon and create charts that would be more accurate then theirs.
    Just look at the tri-x chart, for example.

The best way to get accurate times is on the maker's websites.
    To be fair to digital truth most of its times reflect makers' times exactly or very closely. Yes some times are puzzling but I'd hate new users to be put off looking at Digitalthruth altogether. On balance it is still a worthwhile source in my opinion.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some of the times of digitaltruth are misleading and are a mile off - but to be fair I have used manufacturers recommendations and got terrible results sometimes, too.

If you read Ilord's times for an Ilford film in an Ilford developer then it will be pretty close, only local water oddities and unusual agitation or other foibles will need to be adjusted for.... but often independent chemical makers give times that are a long way off the mark. I think maybe they sometimes quote data from an earlier version of the film and since then the films have had a make-over.
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeesh. I was just suggesting digitaltruth as a potential source for a STARTING POINT if there is nothing else.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Why complicate life? Get some DDX and follow Ilford's recommendations.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I already have the ultrafin plus (and some fomadon lqn), so the option of buying new developer isn't the best for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin