Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,873   Posts: 1,583,549   Online: 887

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Single weight paper?

Hello Folks, does anybody know of any single weight fiber based paper that is still available? Clearly Ilford doesn't make any. I looked at the offerings on the B&H web site, and there is a Foma paper that doesn't say "double weight".

Does anybody know for sure? I'm looking specifically for 8x10.

Thanks in advance,

- Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There's only one manufactuter of Baryta paper base now so there's less choices of weight etc.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The only manufacturer that still makes single weight papers, that I know of, is Slavich. Other than that, I think you are left with doing liquid emulsion on water colour paper or maybe something like japanese rice papers.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    I'm pretty sure there's a Fuji Rembrant fibre paper that is still single weight.
    Japan exposures sells Fuji paper.
    http://www.japanexposures.com/shop/p...products_id=86

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the input, folks. There is a Fuji single weight paper listed on the Japanese website above. However, a quick check of the math says that roughly 11,000 yen is roughly $135, and that is too rough for a box of paper. So I'll forego it unless something else comes available.

Thanks again,

-- Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mfohl View Post
    ...a quick check of the math says that roughly 11,000 yen is roughly $135, and that is too rough for a box of paper...
    $138.52 at the moment to be precise. Seems very reasonable for a top-tier quality product in 2011. Did you notice that's a 100-sheet box?

It can be very worthwhile in life to avoid "knowing the price of all things and the value of none."

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin